Aurum Cantus Harmony Floorstanding Speakers

• Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Power Requirement: 50-350W recommended

Submitted by Rafael Ramìrez Izquierdo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2012

Bottom Line:
Poseo un Harmony de Aurum Cantus por hace màs de tres años.Lo tengo asociado a un amplificador Marantz 8B, (original) equipado con vàlvulas Mullard inglesas.
Estos parlantes son sublimes para la mùsica clàsica, transmiten toda la emociòn de los grandes sonidos y de los màs pequeños detalles, con una musicalidad extraordinaria.
En el Jazz son soberbios y en general para toda la mùsica acùstica, pero es en la mùsica clàsica en donde logran un nivel extraordinario.
Casi no poseen fatiga auditiva, y transmiten emociòn tanto a gran volùmen como a bajo volùmen.
Son unos parlantes de un muy alto nivel, tanto en su aspecto visual como auditivo, de sonido dulce y refinado.
No los recomendarìa para rock y mùsica electrònica, que aunque suenan bien, creo que no nacieron para eso.
Es un parlante que rivaliza con cualquier parlante de su nivel e incluso con muchos de un precio inmensamente superior.
Debe cuidarse la electrònica con que se utiliza, me parece que son muy sensibles a eso.
Recomiendo de todas meneras escucharlos con detenciòn si se tiene la oportunidad.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Zack a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2012

Submitted by tahir.baig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
Excellent speaker with a full bodied sound that reveals all the finest detail in the music without ever sounding strained or harsh. Sounds great with valve or solid state amplifiers, but my preference is valve.

Not the cheapest speaker money can buy but hugely impressive price / performance ratio considering what you'd pay for European / US brands with similar sound and build quality. On the note of build quality, they have an impeccable finish to match the sound they produce, with a beautiful polished finish all around. They weigh around 60kg each, and the boxes they come in (triple boxed) weight over 25kg each! All I can say is that you go and have a look and listen for yourself - prepare to be impressed. Highly recommended if your budget and room size can accommodate them!

Product model year:   2007

Harmony Remotes

I just picked a Harmony 600 at Sams Club for $29.00. I love they way it works and controls everything perfectly, but I don't like they way it feels in my hand. So I was looking at the 880 and a few other Harmonys that are shaped like the 880, which I've head and feel much better. I've read quit ... Read More »

Heads up for Harmony One owners

In case you own a Logitech Harmony One, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the problem some are having with swollen batteries. Thats right, so swollen you cannot remove it to put in a new one. It sounds like it was the batteries from the Logitech forums [url]http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Ha ... Read More »

Logitech Harmony Remotes and a Rotel RSX-1075

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I got a great deal on a Rotel RSX-1075 because the remote control is broken and I'm wondering if Harmony remotes will handle all the set-up, adjustments, etc I have to do as well as basic power and volume adjustments. Thanks in advance for any helpRead More »

Setting up Harmony 880 with Receiver, TV, PS3

Hi, So I have all the components [LIST] [*]Harmony 880 [*]Sony HDTV [*]PS3 [*]Onkyo TX-SR607 [*]ATT Uverse internet and cable [*]x10 IR extender [*]PS3IR-500 for PS3 [/LIST] My question is how do I setup TV, PS3, and Onkyo for Harmony 880. I couldn't find a good How-To article anyw ... Read More »

Logitech is replacing my Harmony 880 already

I got the Harmony 880 after research and cost considerations. I had a few issues with functionality which Harmony fixed via something on their end and a refresh of the programming. It does everything I wanted it to do with a few items on the wish list. I ran into the odd intermittent issue with t ... Read More »