Audio Pro Black Diamond Floorstanding Speakers

4.95/5 (22 Reviews)

2- way floorported tower speaker. 6½" and 3/4" dome tweeter.

Submitted by boniccie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
Amazing speakers.Replaced my B&W 602 immediately i heard the difference.Detail, clarity and very deep bass

Purchased At:   ONLINE

Submitted by Edmundo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I never knew nothing about Black Diamonds untill I saw these reviews. So many good reviews after a hard time of thinking and rethinking convinced me to take risk to purchase Black Diamonds without listening to them and I did so - ordered right from Sweden. I was a bit worried about conecting them first time, I was affraid of beeing disapointed. But I wasn't!!! Man, these are speakers that can handle evrything. Produced sound is clear, neutral, wide rande - the bass is realy deep and clear without booming efect. Speaker work without unnecesary coloration. I could not stop listening my favorite CD's again and again. I can assure you to look no further than at these speakers. 600 USD wasn't very cheap for me, but there are no better speaker so far for that money. I can also recomend Sony SS-126E speakers, although I know what people think about sony speakers (and I agree that the bigest part of sony speakers are crap), nevertheless SS-126 speakers of sony are fantastic speakers. And they cost about 150 USD. But they are not produced anymore. But Black diamonds are. And Black Diamonds are the best.
If you are thinking aboy Black Diamonds, bare in mind that you must use a good reciever though. I use Yamaha RX-V540. I am very satisfied, as Yamaha's new series are the best in producing stereo sound, it is stated after many tests you can find in internet, but I think that Marantz or Denon could be slightly beter as they deliver more smooth sound than Yamaha, without sharp highs. I also suggest to use best wire possible.
Black Diamonds are fair supertest winners, there are no doubts about this fact after listening to them and they really deserve 5 stars.

Submitted by maximilian andermatt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the diamonds a month ago as a replacement for my mission 773e ( by the way speaker of the year in what hifi some years back). Even the black diamonds are testwinners in several magasins over the past years. This is probably my hifideal of a lifetime! The original pricetag was 600USD and I bought them on sale for 430USD. There is no other speakerdesign I heard so far, that can touch the diamonds when it comes to value for the money. Not at 600USD or 1000USD for that matter. Audio Pro are worth all praise in magasins and among the reviewers here. These speakers got everything: focus, soundstage, clean bassextension and georgous finish. While listening to pink floyds "dark side of the moon" in sacd, my friend jonas (a hardcore pink floyd-fanatic) outbursted:"there are sounds I hear the first time ever, amazing!!!"
I guess amazing is the right word. Classic, rock, jazz, acoustic or electric, these babies reproduce everything in style.
Looking for high-end sound for minibucks?
Buy the diamonds if they are available for you!
System used:
pioneer dv-656a (dvd-player)
nad 317 (amp)
tfa "space and time" phase II (speakercables)

Purchased At:   onoff

Submitted by manjen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've been researching for a few months now and was all set on buying Paradigm Monitor 3 when I stumbled on a review on these speakers (I already knew my dealer carried this brand). After demoing a pair there was no going back, the quality of the sound blew me away! I've never heard such a room filling, "big", and clear sound from a speaker in this (or for that matter, a lot higher) price range.

I'm pretty fanatic when it comes to music, especially acoustic and classical, and the detail from the speakers and the soundstage is unbelievable to say the least.

As I also enjoy a movie or a two I planned on getting a subwoofer for the setup but didn't have the money for it at the time I bought the Black Diamonds, but after watching a few movies I don't believe I actually need a subwoofer, the bass these speakers give is enough as far as I'm concerned.

You just can't go wrong with these speakers, that's all I can say.

Btw I'm driving the speakers with Denon 1803 and my source is Sony NS305.

Submitted by pcsuckz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
The best speaker out there under 20000 SEK. I listened to a lot of speakers before I made up my mind, and Black Diamond came out as the natural choice. Listen to them and find out for yourself. Even the more expensive products from Audio Pro does not come close.

Purchased At:   OnOff

Pinnacle Black Diamond Series

Hi Fellas, This is my first post and have toured the site. I recently saw the Black Diamond speakers and fell in love with the look of the speakers. For me the sound is important but a close second is how the speakers will look in my loft. As I have not had a chance to listen to the black di ... Read More »