Atlantic Technology System 370 THX Floorstanding Speakers

4.9/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $4296.00

• Front Speakers - (2) 6-1/2" coated composite molded graphite woofers; (2) 3-1/2" coated composite molded graphite midrange drivers; (1) 1" silk dome tweeter, neodymium magnet, ferrofluid cooled
  • Rear Speakers - (2) 5-1/4" coated composite molded graphite woofers; (2) 3/4" silk dome tweeters, neodymium magnet, ferrofluid cooled
  • Center Channel - (2) 6-1/2" coated composite molded graphite woofers; (2) 3-1/2" coated composite molded graphite midrange drivers; (1) 1" silk dome tweeter, neodymium magnet, ferrofluid cooled

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
    I really like this system. Don't let anybody talk you into the 350 system, there is a huge difference between the two. First of all these are awesome for movie playback, but they really impressed me on the music playback too. I didn't like the M&K 150's for this reason, and I was truly heart broken for that because I really wanted the 150's. But these don't sound all that bad for casual listening. What I really like is the fact that you can (even though you never would) listen to these front speakers with no sub and not crossed over for one, and they sound amazing for stereo playback. I don't ever do it but I did try it and they sounded like a 2K dollar pair of audiophile speakers. Does this matter for movie playback or for anything at all? Probably not but it showed me that I had just bought a pair of speakers that can produce a wide range of sound, not just 16 tweeters and a couple of 3 1/2" midrange's for 5K that sound great for movies but suck for music. Also the people at AT are amazing when I had some questions. Buy these from an authorized dealer also, even though you can get them from online hacks for half the price. But you get no warranty. Also let these break in for about 40 hours and they will transform before your ears!!

Submitted by Carlos Rojas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
    This is a follow up note on my review below, I listed the price of this speaker system as $2,300, but I fail to say that they were used. The guy who sold them to me was in a dificult/emergency financial situation, and needed the money right away.
    I did not realized how much of a good deal this was, since them I've seem several used 370 systems at e-bay for over $3,800.
    It has been 6 months since I got them, and they are still running strong and keep amazing me.
    This is a great system, they can take all the power I can give them (B&K 307), I still have to hear a distortion.
    Happy listening/watching

Submitted by Troy Jolley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
    I love this set-up. What more can I say. They are a great value for what you pay. I listened to a lot of home theater systems before making this purchase. The only speakers I liked more were twice the price.

They go well in my custom home theater. The center channel and surrounds in EX & 6.1 are great! I'm using them with the Denon 5800 receiver and a JVC Progressive scan DVD player. It is all connected with Kimbercable.

I would recommend to anyone who wants a great sound at a great price.

Purchased At:   Audio Video Innovations

Submitted by Benjamin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
    This system is great. I am using two Definitive Technology 15" subs which I previously had, and love, so I had no need to purchase another one.

Both my wife and I, who have been avid movie watchers and home theater enthusiasts for some time, keep finding ourselves lost in the movies. I never really understood what that meant until hearing these. When we turn the lights off, I forget that I am listening to speakers at my house. I would recommend these to anyone. Not only do they sound neutral, but when I turn it way up, the sound stays even and pleasing; I never feel like I am going to play them too loud.

I love the center channel. It just sounds right when reproducing dialogue. I think that this speaker is the main reason why we get lost in the movies. The base that it comes with is a great, and has really helped to open up the center sound.

As a matched system, I think that it performs flawlessly. I find that sound moving between back and front is even, and difficult to point out. Surround effects that used to stick out, now evenly pass through our family room.

I love music, but I'm not really an audiophile. In either case, I find that the sound of the Atlantic's is quite pleasing for music. I actually like their sound for music more than the Definitive Technology bi-polar towers that I was using. I think that I prefer the Atlantic's because they are a bit more laid back, and easier to listen to. Like when listening to movie soundtracks, I don't want to pay attention to the fact that sound is coming from a speaker. Rather, I like the fact that there are times when I forget that I have them.

If you're looking for a speaker system that will take anything, and handle it smoothly, check this one out. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

Purchased At:   Breier

Submitted by Carlos Rojas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
    I bought them primarily for home theater, so far they are performing better than expected, the sound effects are vivid and very realistic, need good amp, I'm using the new B&K 307 .(great 7 channel a/v receiver)
    The subwoofer has plenty of base, it rumbles every thing around 30'.
    The music sounds great, I auditoned many others (Vienna, M&K, Paradigm, Mirage, Sonus, etc.) and I found that they are all good, it just a matter of taste, 6 of one or half a dozen of the other, so for the price, you can't beat the 370 system.
    I also bought an extra pair of surround speakers, I'm going with the 7.1 set up, it is worth it, 4 dipoles around you, it is home theater nirvana.
    Happy listenings.