Aerial Acoustics Model 10 T Floorstanding Speakers

4.59/5 (44 Reviews) MSRP : $7000.00

10.75in woofer, 5 3/8 kevlar mid, 1in titanium tweeter

Submitted by George vee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
Absolutly one of best overall sound speaker I've experiance with. Great soundstage, uncolor & good dynamic bass.

Submitted by kevin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
Best speakers I have owned in my 25 plus years in the audio game

Submitted by Neal Hennessy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these babies in 1996 and have not looked back. They were the first affordable speaker system I heard that could deliver the entire high end package:
dymanics imaging, lifelike presence, high frequeny nuances, and realistic bass. A true bargain then and even now. They have been flawlessly reliable in the six years I have owned them, and I feel no compelling need to upgrade then anytime soon.

Are there speakers out there that will deliver more of the high end? Probably, but they will probably cost more and may favor one part of the frequency spectrum over the other.

I have yet to hear anything really blow these speakers away, and in most real world environments ( I'm talking normal sized living/ listening rooms here), they will perform just about as well as anything.

System: VPI HW 19 Mk4
Nordost SPM speaker cables

Purchased At:   Premiere Audio Video

Submitted by wcbonzo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I love these speakers so much I am buying another pair to join the 10T's CC5 and SR3's I already own. I auditioned many speakers in the several months I spent auditioning speakers before deciding on the Aerials. To my ears the Aerials sounded the most natural, authentic and pleasing.

Being a drummer it is important to me that instruments (drums in particular) sound accurate. I found many other high-end speakers to sound bright, harsh and clinical to me. The 10T's sounded warm and made we want to continue listening. I never feel fatiqued after listening to my 10T's like I did after a short time with some other speakers.

Appearence: I have the Rose Walnut and I find them to look absolutly beautiful.

Bottom Line for me is I couldn't be happier with my 10T's.

Submitted by cmjohnson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers were, to me, love at first note. Several million notes later, it's still love.
I first heard them...this exact pair...in the local high end shop (now closed, dangit!) and knew
that I'd have a pair someday. About a year later I met the guy who bought that pair...and later he
offered them to me. At the price he asked, I could just manage it...so I sold everything I could bear
to part with and never regretted it. 2700 bucks with stands? Of course I bought them!
(Current retail, 7700 dollars with stands, in black ash like mine)

I power these Aerials with a pair of Krell KMA-160 monoblocks, which deliver up to 240 watts RMS into
8 ohm speakers, and double into four ohms and double again into two. These amps ARE big enough
and authoritative enough to take 10T's to LOUD levels. I have never pushed these very strong amps to
the point of audible distortion with these speakers, but I've had them loud enough that it wasn't fun
to listen to any length of time, and that's with much less available power than10T's are capable of handling.
(MIchael Kelly, their designer, says they'll handle a Krell FPB-600, which can deliver about 950 watts per
channel into 8 ohm speakers.

Purchased At:   From original owner