Acoustic Image 6.5 Floorstanding Speakers

2.36/5 (363 Reviews)

Basic floor speakers

Possible Fraud Alert
A large number of users have reported these speakers are being sold well above their intrinsic value under false pretences in parking lots, flea markets and online auctions. See White Van Speaker Scam for more info.

Submitted by Big Walt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2015

Bottom Line:
The guys in the white van approached me on the street in the so. suburbs of Chicago. Ironically I was on my way back to Circuit City to return my less than acceptable subwoofer. At any rate I felt like I was being singled out because I was a black man driving a Cadillac at the time. (well I'm still a black man but no Cadillac. lol) I got the same story as everyone else as it relates to additional inventory that can't be taken back to the warehouse. Well I purchased the acoustic image 10" floor facing subwoofer and have not looked back. I've had it now for 14 years without 1 problem. This thing has been awesome. I can't listen to it all the way up because it shakes the windows and things on the walls too much. I'm still looking for that white van again! I wish I could find additional acoustic image speakers. Provided they perform as well as the subwoofer does.

Submitted by joey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
I recently went to a pawn shop and bought a set of the audiofile towerspeakers with two 8 inch woofera. I was looking at them and had never heard of them but when the guy said 40 bucks I put them in the car. I have them hooked up to a sony 200 watt reciever and im very impressed with them. Since my purchase ive been looking for more of these white van speakers and just found a set of acoustic image ones on craigslist for thirty dollars and plan to go get them in the morning. These are not 1000 dollar speakers but I think I got a steal only spending 70 dollars and get four of them. There are good sounding and have plenty enough bass to shake the room. I wouldnt pay anything outrageous for them but being 21 they do the trick they can blow tommorow and im out barly any money. So if you come across them for cheap snatch them up THEY ARE WORTH IT.

Submitted by Bob lane a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
I thought these speakers were a steal when I got em, I 've bought "van" spkrs before and they were nothing like this .these things screamed quality, real wood , front and back spkrs ,gold 5-way gold binding posts,extreemly nice spkrs., when I got them home they sounded terrific , I still use them and show em off every chance I get. THESE ARE DEFINITELY-"NOT'- white van speakers. I play em thru a DENNON , a BLU_RAY AND a 60" pioneer elite plasma, w "JAMO" as other surrounds And they are the FLAGSHIP , I would hardly do that with awhite van spkr,. even if they were ,they are still incredible speakers! AND I DON't CARE , if THEY ARE FROM A PURPLE POLKA DOT VAN! THEY ARE SIMPLY- PUT, GREAT_ SPEAKERS,!!! (I hope i made my point)

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by bjdalton1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
Ah yes! the white van. Yes and the parking lot. $150. These speakers are great. I may be one of the lucky ones. I put up against my B&W CDM1NT's and its a tough choice. I like the base in the Acoustic Image speakers though and they can handle the power. 2.15.2010

Submitted by a lubanowski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
acoustic image 6.5

bought them at a garage sale for $15 for the pair. pretty much new in the box.
black finish, sounds very good for the money. good highs decent mids, use them with a sub.

Product model year:   2008