Yamaha NS-C444 Center Channels

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

• 5" Polymer-Injected Mica Diaphragm (PMD) cone woofer
  • 1" aluminum dome tweeter designed specifically for home theater applications.
  • Tweeter utilizes Yamaha's exclusive waveguide horn
  • Internally wired components (with Monster Cable)-- ensures a clean, clear signal from the crossover network to the speaker driver
  • Magnetic Shielding- speaker can be placed on a TV or video monitor without picture degradation
  • Elliptical Form cabinet
  • High gloss black piano finish
  • Grille design and grille cloth provide an attractive and acoustically transparent protective cover for the drivers

Submitted by sevendust1276 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
WOW, just amazing sound and looks, I can see why it was once 499.00 when it was first introduced, it was well worth the money then and even better at 112.00.
You will not get better sounding speakers than this folks, not even if you spend double or triple mabey not even quadruple?
Its that amazing, crisp sound, better than real, holds its weight well with low end, very pretty to look at.
Every one should own this speaker!

Purchased At:   Ugotadeal.com

Submitted by Gaius Caligula a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
The entire 2004 Yamaha NS line simply amazes with its incredible quality, superb sound, brillant clarity, and unbeatable prices. The NS-C444 is no exception, serving as a tremendous center speaker workhorse to compliment its esteemed counterparts (i.e., NS-777, NS-555, NS-333). The Dual 5” Polymer Injected Mica Diaphragm (PMD) woofers and
1” Aluminum dome tweeter with Waveguide horn produce clear, powerful dialog and related center channel sounds. With an accurately claimed 100 watts nominal, 250 watts music power, and a +/-3dB frequency response at 65 Hz-35kHz, this speaker easily rivals the likes of Wharfedale Diamond 9s, Klipsch's Synergy III series, and Tannoy Dimensions--for much, much less monetary damage. I'm not sure why audio websites and magazines pay so little attention to the Yamaha 2004 NS line, but I believe that many, many audio enthusiasts are missing out on a great, great system if they don't seriously consider the NS series, including the NS-C444.

Purchased At:   www.simplycheap.com

Submitted by dmore a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have a modest higher end system and I have been studying audio and home theater for most of my life(have acually worked in the business of selling and installing). My main speakers are Paradigm monitor 7's with Sound Dynamic rear speakers. When I went looking for a center channel speaker I was instantly drawn to the Paradigm monitor center channel. It had the same drivers exactly as my monitor 7's. But when me and my wife seen this speaker we knew right then it would not work for our appication due to the fact that it was too big to fit where we had decided to put the center channel(above the television). So I went on a search for a smaller center channel speaker that would work in the size alowed and as closely as possible timbre match my 7's. When I went looking I looked and heard all sorts of brands of center channel speakers, most with the same problems as the paradigm(too big). So one day I was tooling around best buy and I stumbled across a speaker that would fit perfectly in the size allowed. My first reaction(before I removed the grill or heard this speaker) was that $150 dollars probably won't buy you much of a center channel speaker. But after removing the grill and looking at the drivers I started to get more interested in hearing this speaker. So when I turned it on I still was scepticle seeing how I was auditioning a speaker that was under half the price of the speaker I first looked at to match my paradigms. But when I turned it on it immediatly suprised me. so I bought the speker and took it home knowing I could return it if I was not satisfied. I have worked with yamaha products for a long time and own a yamaha reciever for my home theater(excellent unit) and I know their quality is their so I wasn't worried about how well it would hold up. Big when I got it home and unpacked it I was suprised of the build quality and the drivers used at this price point. I mean this thing has got rubber surrounds, poly cones of a good build and stiffness, and to my biggest suprise its got a 1" aluminum dome tweeter. I mean if this thing had a high end speakers brand name on it they could probably get 3 times the price for it. Big the most important test to me was when I got it hooked up to my own system and heard it with my other speakers. All I can say is wow. The mids were very tight and precise and the highs are probably as good as my paradigms are. And this speakers matches my paradigms almost perfectly. I actually think this speaker has more midrange presence than my 7's do. When I played music and used the surround modes on my reciever this speaker even had good midbass depth. Bass guitars sounded very full and with the help of my 7's good bass output for their size it actually added to my systems sound quality. I would put this speaker up against speakers at twice the price and would not be suprised when people make the wow face justlike I did when I first hooked it up and every time I listen too it. For the price you can get this speaker for I would say in my opinion its the best deal I have ever seen for a center channel speaker. If yamaha keeps building speakers like this at these price points maybe some of the high end companies will take the hint and lower the prices of some of their overpriced for the performance products out there. If you are looking for something to compliment a good sounding set of speakers in a home theater system and do not want to spend alot and get awesome real world performance. My advice would be go audition this speaker and I think you will agree that this thing is marvelous for the price.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Herschel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had an entry level Sony that just didn't do it anymore. I wanted something inexpensive but sounded great. I listened to more Sony, Polk (Which really sound good), KLH,JBL, Audiosource, Wharfdale and a few others. This Yamaha was great. I makes even analog tv sound good. But digital surround is awesome. I would have paid an additional $50. Worth a try. It sounds just as good as some of my friends high end systems. My wife who always says she can't tell the difference when I get new toys, immediately heard the difference and wanted to watch a movie.

Purchased At:   Best Buy