Yamaha NS-AC40X Center Channels

4.7/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $150.00

utilizes two 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofers with inverted dust caps and 1" aluminum dome tweeter to deliver the important center channel.

Submitted by eric de hoyos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker thinking it will do for now but I was really impressed on how it held up especially with my new av reciever (yamaha HTR-5590)pumping out 120 watts.

Purchased At:   bb

Submitted by Harpo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
A great center channel for an even greater price. Very clear and handles all the power I can throw at it with-out break-up. A perfect timber-match for the 200xt mains and the 50xt bookshelf speakers.

Submitted by Alton Marschall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had purchased the NS -A100-XT Towers from Best Buy First. (Which are great Speakers. But I had an old Crappy JBL Center I had been using for about Three months with my New Yamaha Towers. The Center was killing my Movie Experience the Towers would overwhelm my center. So I went to Best Buy (where I work) and picked up the Yamaha Center. Can't be any happier. And now with the bigger NS A200-XT as my Fronts and the NS A100-XT as my rears my system just Rocks. And working there I picked up the whole speaker set for under $400. Now that’s a deal!!! Oh and the guy in the above review that asked about the Limiter on the back. That is a High Tone Limiter. If you have Towers aren't quite as good as your Center you can tone back the Center some to get a better Blending Effect from your tweeters...

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by Tom Steele a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got this speaker because someone gave me a $100 Best Buy Gift Card. So, for $60 including tax, I got the center speaker upgraded.

I wasn't as impressed with everyone else here. I am still tuning the center speaker. It is a little harsh, and maybe I can get that tuned out. However, the speaker sounds good overall, I think I just don't have it tuned with the rest of my system well.

I also have a YST-800 (I LOVE IT) and I am thinking about the 100 tower speakers to go along with the system. Since I'll probably order them online, rather than pay BB's prices I will wait until after Christmas to avoid the shipping hassles of having to be at the house when they come by, etc...

I'll post a review of it once it is paired with these speakers.

Overall, it sounds good and is a great buy for the money.

One tip, compared to my old center speaker I assumed this should be set as a "LRG" speaker on my surround sound. After reading the manual, this is not so. That has already helped the harshness by making it a "SML" speaker on the surround.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've demoed many center channels from $100-$250 range, and this one is the best by far. It sounds superb (at least to me) in my HT setup.

Not sure how to use that attenuator knob though. Anyone want to shed some light on what I'm suppose to listen for?

Purchased At:   eOnline