Yamaha NS-AC141

Submitted by kalstewart1971 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have owned the Yamaha AC 141 center channel for several years and this speaker is remarkable. I currently have a pair of Yamaha AC-526a bookshelf speakers and the combination is wonderful. This center channel speaker is heavy, fairly large and can take plenty of volume. The speaker is rated at 160 watts capacity and believe me, it shows. I do not have a loud home theater system, however even running at volumes less than half the speakers rated capacity, this speaker never blinked. I have never heard any distortion or break up even at the highest volume level that I can stand.
This speaker can be angled either above or below your television set, but beware, it is fairly large and you will want a good foundation as its base. In the rear of the speaker there is a tweeter range control that enables the tweeter to be more properly matched with your main speakers if they are not mated Yamaha's. This additional function only increases the value of this speaker. The speaker utilizes two 5.25 woofers and a 1' dome tweeter that allows this speaker to shine.
Thus far, I have had no regrets in purchasing this speaker. If you have the opportunity to purchase one, please do so. Purchasing two would be better, then you could either them as bookshelf speakers in a vertical position or the second one could be used in a 6.1 set up as your rear surround. Good luck in finding one.

Submitted by Rommel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a great center channel. After reading the previous review about this speaker, I'm almost positive that we purchased these speakers around the exact same time. I paid about $100 for it from Crutchfield, and I'm pretty sure it was a summer special.

Any ways, this speaker has very clear, clean sound and it actually has decent bass. The center channel is the heart of any home theater system, and the NS-AC141 does its job well. This center channel is actually forcing me to buy better front/main speakers because the sound is so clear, and the speakers I have now aren't matched at all. I look forward to buying new main speakers so I can really unleash the potential of this center channel. Not a day goes by that I regret buying it.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by Chuck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was worried at first about getting a Yamaha speaker since they are not well known for them. But not with this speaker. I was very impressed the way DVD movies and TV sounded through it. It handles up to 160 Watts which was a plus when I bought it. I paid $99.99 from Crutchfield which to me was a great deal.