Totem Acoustic Mite-T Centre Center Channels

Lock miter cabinet joints, twin pairs of solid gold-plated binding posts, no-compromise drivers, wiring and crossover parts

Submitted by sraczek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Perhaps one of the more expensive center channels, but definitely worth it. I was forced to buy them when I upgraded my front speakers to the Model 1 signature series. The old mass market-type center channel was just lost. The sound field is incredible - and then I bi-wired them. The clarity and the sound field were just incredible. I definitely recommend this speaker if you really want an outstanding center.

Purchased At:   Gramophone

Submitted by Manny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I always had problem of unclarity with my B&w.So i was going to buy a bigger center channel B&w clr6s2 because i have 2 front speaker DM630,and i found out that it will cost me 750 can. doll. and recently i was giving a visit to a store called audioville ,in MTL.and i was asking his advise ,and he make me hear the MITE T C.and to make the longue story short,i order 2 more similare speaker to put them in the front with my new sp. I own now NAD T770 ,and iam going to put the DM 630 in the back channel. all this year i was proud of what i had but no more ,iam new fan of totem accoustic sp. and i respect their product ,for the price ,the quality of wood ,and the connections in the back ,and of course the accoustic sound.

Submitted by Milt a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
The Mite TC is a big and heavy speaker. It is quite a big speaker for model from the Totem line of book shelf speakers. This is a very detailed speaker. Perfect for center channel duty for most models from the Totem line with soft dome tweeters. From the WBT binding post to the beautiful wood finish to sound quality, this speaker is amazing. Quite accurate and defined bass.
They are currently wired with Kimber Kable model 8TC connected to my Sherwood Newcastle AV Receiver. Currently I have been running them continuously since the 8th of August along with my Totem Sttafs.

I like this speaker a lot. I have very few complaints other than it is taking forever to break in. At the present time, it have been running for about 200 hours, nonstop.

They seem able to play much louder than the Sttafs. Don't know why, though?

The other makes that was on my short list of choices was from the Legacy and Thiel line. The other possible choices were the Legacy Audio Accent / Cinema III and Thiel model CS 1.5 / SCS3. If I had the room and a much bigger budget, I would have seriously considered a pair Legacy Classics with the Silver Screen for center channel.

In conclusion, I am very happy with what I have. Look forward to years of enjoying them.