Sonus Faber Piccolo Solo
Description: Centre speaker

Submitted by DHVCD Studios a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Our Reference Speaker of Choice for Home Theater. Unlike others it Produces a Tender & Strong Presentation when needed without Glare or Harshness. Most of The Sonus Faber Line Equals its Superiority in Presentation. The speaker elements are first class also.
It is an Audiophile's Choice for 5.1 Channel DVD-Audio also. FRF at DHVCD 2001.

Submitted by Nicholas a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a beautiful center. It performs very well with all forms of media. It definatly isn't missing the Dynamic range the people have mentioned. It does however require alot of power to get loud. It is not very efficient. This is one of the best centers along with the whole Sonus Faber line is stopping sound! Sonus Faber continues with poise percision and musical bliss.

Purchased At:   Harvey Electronic

Submitted by Keith a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
As stated above, this center is quite excellent in rendering the human voice. Pretty efficient/easily driven by just about any quality (not-necessarily high-end) receiver/amp.

Submitted by D.T Hung a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love this baby as soon as I open the carton box. It looks so cute and beautiful with its size and appearence. I believe it was made with extreme care and high skill.

How about the sound? It matchs perfectly with the 2 pairs of front and surround Sonus Faber Concertino and REL Strata II subwoofwer. Because I set the system up in my tiny bedroom so I think it's not really necessary to use front channel with Concerto which is slightly bigger size and more expensive (anyway, I think one day I will change front pair to Concerto to enjoy better sound for stereo music).
Compared with my previous product I used, Definitive Technology 2002, this tiny center is far defined both in sound and apprearence.

I love this whole combination when I play back my favorite movies as well as music. The overall sound is so sweet and clear. Though it's not so crispy and dynamic when it comes to handle action movies but I still love it as most of the time I enjoy music and soft kind of movies, I hardly appreciate action scenes anyway. So if you are into kind of bum-bang movies, just don't buy it.

My associate equipments are:

YAMAHA DSP-AX1 A/V receiver
2 CITATION 7.0 power-amps (to load more power for a more robuste and dynamic sound)
PIONEER DV-09 DVD player