RBH Sound MC-6-C Center Channels

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Bookshelf Speaker

Submitted by Jared a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am using these speakers for my surround channels, I think they are great, I actually tested them out in the front, instead of my MC-6CT towers and liked them better. Very clean, very fast speaker. Tiny bit of metal ring to them with some material, but overall great speaker.

Submitted by Tom Yau a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I heard this 5 piece speaker setup at Canal Hifi and immediately had to stop to try to realize where the sound was coming from. The transparency of the 5 piece speaker system which included these speakers used for front and rear were simply amazing. The punch these speakers have are unreal and the vocals and instruments just float in the air. The bass was supplemented by an RBH 10" front firing sub that growled as if the bass was coming from a live setup. It is hard to believe that these speakers use aluminum drivers because there is still warmth in the music. I am not sure what type of tweeter it has nor should I care because the results of the stiffness of the drivers plus the lush and smooth warm sounding highs from the tweeters really complement and blend seamlessly. The only problem with this setup is the subwoofer is fron firing and supporting small satellites so the bass instead of dissapearing, was directional. But the growl of the bass guitar on in a NY minute by the Eagles from Hell freezes over was something I have never heard from a home speaker before. And yes it is there, just ask any bass player. The whole system costs $1300 which is a bargain because of the value of sound you are getting. It will also kill that feeling upgraditis for a long time. Which is the ultimate compliment to any piece of equipment.

Purchased At:   Canal Hi Fi

Submitted by Richard Roach a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
We'll Igot to tell you, I'm Am very impressed with these speakers. I thought Paradigm was the best I have heard for the money, I have to say I was wrong! These are the ONE1111. Simply put, they are unbeatable for now. Buy them!!!!!!!

Submitted by Michael Defran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
The MC series of RBH is truly one of the sleepers of the century.The soundstage and imaging clarity and detail are superior to 80 to 90 percent of speakers on the planet.If you want to listen to speakers of the future get these,the gorgeous aluminum woofers are a piece of art, not to mention the finishes.I always wondered why some soundfields on my 2095 Yamaha sounded the same.not anymore these bring out every tiny audio deviance,every dsp process is now recognized as different.RBH was also nice enough to sell me pieces to build some trick hidden rear surrounds including the aluminum woofers and tweeters and crossover network,for a caddy corner instalation.I never put the grilles on because of the trick looking aluminum.They play extremely loud,crisp and clear on music and dvd,etc.If your not sure what speaker to purchase check out RBH and give them a call. Have tommorow's technology today at an affordible price.

Submitted by Rich a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
Over the past several years I have auditioned and purchased many bookshelf speakers. Never have I been more satisfied with the performance and value of a product. I have owned my RBH MC-6-C speakers for one year. Although they are reviewed as part of a home theater setup, I use them strictly for two channel stereo. The sound is clean, dynamic and open. The dispersion is incredible. Bass extension is around 50HZ but is very tight with low distortion. The mid/bass driver is made of aluminum so has excellent damping ability. Unlike most speakers, this model is Acoustic Suspension. The sealed cabinet also helps improve the tightness of the bass. Although the cabinet is sealed, the bass extension is good. The cabinets are made from thick MDF with real wood veneer. The tweeter is also aluminum and can be swivelled to reposition the tweeter if you have to employ an unusual speaker placement. However, I encourage you to place on stands and do not change the position of the tweeter without proper sound diagnostic equipment. This speaker blows away anything I have heard at it's price. The standard finish is black, and Oak and Rosewood are available for extra. The only speaker that gives this one competition is the Dynaudio Audience 50. However, the Audience 50 is $200 more and comes with a vynal finish. If you are looking for a high quality American Made product that won't break your budget and is very versatile in placement options I encourage you to give this speaker a try. Finding a dealer may not be easy, but it is worth the effort to audition this speaker.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile