PSB Speakers Platinum C4 Center Channels

• Crossover : 2,200Hz, B3
  • Rubber Bumpers

Submitted by music junkee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
For anyone who is looking for a review of this speaker, here is a second one.
This speaker is better than any center channel speaker I've heard. The longer I listen, the more I enjoy listening. Before when I had the PSB C6i, I sometimes had to repeat what I just heard so I could decipher what was said. With the C4, I understand the first time. Even my bad ears I can hear and understand dialogue.
If you have large speakers, this center is perfect. It filled the void I had when I had a smaller center (C6i). One day I was listening and wondered why I didn't hear more of the left and right speakers. It dawned on me that the center was filling in the void to create a seamless spill across the front. If you go to a movie theater, you don't hear a particular speaker. You hear a nice wash of sound across the front. That's what the C4 does in my system when it works with my PSB Goldis. I'm still amazed at how detailed and open the C4 sounds.
I'm beginning to think that not too many people are writing reviews anymore. That's why I'm writing this second one. I hope people start back to writing more recent reviews so we can help those who are interested in getting into our beloved hobby.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by music junkee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
I just received this speaker today and decided to write a review.
I owned the PSB C6i for about 4 years. I liked it, but it seemed to have a boxey sound to me. Enter the PSB Platinum C4. The C6i is about 2/3 the size of the C4. The sound is much more open and detailed than the C6i. It works very well with my PSB Goldi's. I have the C4 coupled with an SVS 25-31 PCi sub and it sounds great. I'm very satisfied with my decision to upgrade to the C4.