Polk Audio CS200 Center Channels

Center Speaker

Submitted by Lynn a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
Where is the best place to mail order this speaker?

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Maurice a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 1998

Bottom Line:
I've been an audiophile for 4 years now and have heard many different speakers and many brands. But when I got my pro-logic receiver, I only had four speakers and didn't like PHANTOM sound very much, so I decided to go to my dealer and give the Polk Audio CS 200 center speaker a listen. It sounded amazing, as good or even better than my friend's B&W center speaker which he spent over $500 on. This speaker sounded huge for a medium sized center speaker. The soundstage is not very big, but it doesn't really matter because this is a center speaker, but it has great depth. You'll know what I'm talking about if you listen to music with a lot of echoes on this speaker. Sound effects are also spectacular, it could handle all kinds of sounds even with my 70watts x 4 receiver with the knob on the 1 and 2 o'clock position without distortion, but nobody could stand volume that loud anyways. If any of you are thinking of purchasing a center speaker, give the Polk Audio CS 200 or CS245 a listen, or you can check out their new models.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile