Pinnacle CM WideCenter Center Channels

4.33/5 (12 Reviews)

Wide Dispersion Center Channel

Submitted by CHAD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
THIS OVERALL IS A GOOD CENTER CHANNEL. THOUGH I PERSONALLY THINK IF THEY PUT IN A TWEETER HORN INSTEAD OF THE DOME TWEETER IT WOULD SOUND ALOT BETTER. I MAY EXPERIMENT AND SEE IF I CAN FIT A KLIPSCH HORN IN IT.! BUT FOR 100.00 BUCKS THERE IS NOTHING AROUND THAT WILL COME CLOSE TO IT.

Purchased At:   EGGHEAD

Submitted by CHAD ROBBINS a

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
TO START OFF WITH THIS IS A AWESOME LOOKING CENTER CHANNEL. IT PRODUCES GOOD SOUND FOR MOVIES AND RADIO. ITS A MONSTER AT 27" LONG.
THE ONLY THING THAT THEY NEED TO DO IS INCREASE THE TWEETER SIZE OR INSTEAD OF A SOFT DOME, PUT IN A 90 X 60 HORE TWEETER LIKE ALMOST ALL OF KLIPSCH SPEAKERS.

Submitted by Jeff Hill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I didn't find anything super impressive with this center channel. Lots of bass, but poor voice clarity. I did a comparison between the CM Wide and an Infinity that I used before. The CM Wide in my opinion was very muddy. It just didn't have the nice clean punch and the voice clarity the Infinty has. The construction seems to be solid with good connectors. The price was good, but you get what you pay for. Higher price doesn't always mean great sound or quality. I paid slightly more for the Infinity

Purchased At:   egghead.com

Submitted by Charlie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just received this last night. I watched a couple of DVD's and it sounds just like I were in a movie theater. The sound is a little nasal as someone else pointed out, but voices sound nasal in movie theaters. For music, the sound is good. The build construction looks top notch. The speaker has four mid range speakers and one tweeter. It doesn't produce bass, but if you have good front speakers and a good subwoofer, you won't notice.

I have an infinity delta center on my other DD system and I think it has better fidelity, but it doesn't fill a room as well as this center channel. I prefer the infinity for a small to mid-size room (Up to 300 sq ft) and this for a larger room. I have it setup in my basement. The listening area is about 25' x 15' and it sounds better in the basement than my inifinity and the infinity sounds better in my family room (20'x12').

All in all this is an excellent center channel speaker. I can hear conversation loud and clear.

Purchased At:   egghead.com

Submitted by jay chen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
The best center channel speaker i even come across, big, cool, stylist, and great performance..never regrets buying..the center really bring my movie and music live. The first thing i came back everyday is to on my system and listen till i sleep. Will keep it till it don't work anymore..