Pinnacle Classic Gold Centre Center Channels

4.75/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Centre channel

Submitted by Dusty Sharp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
For 3 years I had been using a Pinnacle surround, I had the AC-650s as the mains, the AC-400s as the surrounds and a center channel that seems to no longer exist, the speaker had no model number and I can't find it online.

Recently I got an AWSOME deal on Ebay, I got the Classic gold mini-monitors and this center channel for only $200 total, only slightly used!

Ever since I hooked these up the difference has been astounding, it sounds like the characters in movies are "speaking up". The clarity is excellent and it never gets too bright(but then I like it loud).

Now I am using this as my center, the Classic Gold mini-monitors for my surrounds, I now have the AC-400s as rear speakers for 7.1 and the AC-650s as the mains, now I just need the Classic Gold Tower to replace the 650s.

Submitted by Brian Brunner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent center speaker!
Audiophile sound at a mid-fi price!
Buy this center and you will never even consider another.

Purchased At:   Uncle's Stereo, onli

Submitted by John Rey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I received this speaker as a gift from a friend about 3 years back after the same friend gave me his Pinnacle AC-400 bookshelf speakers. You'd think the guy worked for Pinnacle or something and knew that I'd be sold to buying a complete set after listening to the bookshelves + center - well, dang it, that's what I did. The Gold Center is probably one of the better sounding centers I've ever heard. It might get a bit thin at some points in movies when there's only dialogue, and it can get very bright - but a lot of that I'm sure has to do with the fact that I have it set to "small" on my Yamaha RX-V1. Nevertheless, considering the price I paid - heheh - I am completely happy. As the previous reviews indicated, it really does make a difference to have voice-matched speakers. Again, I originally used the center with the AC-400 bookshelves which uses a polyamide dome tweeter, but eventually I upgraded to the classic gold mini-monitors and also picked up the Classic Gold surrounds. Eventually, I heard the Aerogels and picked up those and moved the mini-monitors to the front effect channels (I have the Yamaha RX-V1 which includes two additional front effect channels for HT).

Purchased At:   Gift

Submitted by pdwiley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you're starting a home theater system, I would highly recommend to begin with the center channel speaker. Pick one that fits your wants, needs, and set-up. If you have the space, the classic gold center is an excellent choice. I've heard a few center speakers that sounded better, but they cost 3 to 5 times as much! Vocals on this speaker are amazing. Even if you put your ear right up to the speaker it is hard to localize the voices. This speaker can sometimes be a little on the bright end if you have sensitive hearing as I do(morse code in the military). A good solution to this problem is to have a receiver with center tone controls. Once the classic gold center has been burned in, it starts to really shine! The bass, in particular, will begin to open up. It really reproduces the thud of the bass drum in a set as if you were live in a concert. Pinnacle speakers are very accurate! I have my center matched with aerogels as mains and mini-monitors as surrounds.

Purchased At:   buy.com

Submitted by JD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
The speaker is great! It works perfect for movies and is really loud. It is better than anything else out there!