Paradigm Reference CC-150 Center Channels

4.13/5 (8 Reviews)

center channel speaker

Submitted by AH786 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this for a Yamaha RXV396 reciever(60WPC). The CC150 is rated at 120W. I only use it in DVD's. The sound it gives out is clear, punchy,powerful. its a bit hard to drive. I had to increase the DB by 1. But it sounds terrific for the price, in Alien resurrection, the roar of the alien when the scientists are tryin to teach him tricks is wicked, very strong and clear.

Have to give it 5/5 because for the price you wont get much better, its a discontinued model but even when it was first released it was very cheap. basically its a typical paradigm speaker, powerful and excellent value.

Purchased At:   ebay uk

Submitted by Andrew Bailey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I found it for $40 at a garage sale and imediately picked it up. I knew the paradigm name and new the quality. At that price I knew I couldn't go wrong. I wan't dissappointed. As a center channel speaker is does it job very well. My mids are fantastic. In theater and listening to music. ALthough I find that it works best in a theater situation ( as all centers do). The ability to reproduce voice and special effects is second to none at this price range. I tried to get one for my brothers system worth thousands more than mine and got the CC170 he loves it!

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by Andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've been useing this center chanel for some time now, its good but lacks a little in the imageing department, soon I want to get the mini monitors or monitor 3's and the cc350 to match. But its a preety good center, I put mine up right insted of on its side this makes mine sound a little sharper.

Submitted by Jesse a

Date Reviewed: September 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
Very nice center channel. Clear, well built and priced right for an entry level speaker. Trebel and Bass response is good not excellent but you definitly get you monies worth and more. I recently upgraded to the CC350 which is about 200 dollars more. IMHO, with Paradigm and with any speaker you simply can't go wrong if your looking for value as well as performance...I was!

Submitted by Adam a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
Unbelievable clarity is this center's best feature. No matter if it's just radio all the way up to Dolby Digital, this center is one of the best I have heard, and for the value, it can't be beat!