NHT M6 Center Channels

features two 6.5 inch high excursion woofers, a 4 inch mid-range driver and a 1 inch metal dome tweeter.

Submitted by palehillrider a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review concerns the use of the NHT M6 monitor as used in a stereo setup.

I decided to take a chance on the NHT M6.

The decision to buy without hearing them first was more about the virtues of the acoustic suspension design of the NHT's. Back in the day, I had a pair of KHL 17's an acoustic suspension speaker which had a very solid sound.

Unpacked, the fit and finish was first rate.

I set the M6’s on 24" Sound Design stands, and the results were breathtaking. Both my wife and son immediately noticed how great they sounded.

Each and every music genre I've played through these speakers has proven their honesty to the music.
Rock, techno, metal, opera, folk, orchestra, jazz, new age, soundtracks, etc., everything is true to the original signal. Movies and television are so much better.
Vocals are the equal of anything I've heard before, especially male singers.
I can follow the individual lines of ALL the instruments in a song, also besting anything I've heard before.

All at a price that is an absolute bargain.

The NHT M6’s is a major upgrade.

Looking up reviews, you will find them rated by Stereophile as a class A when used in a full range system.

International Audio Review also conducted a very extensive review of the M6, as part of the NHT Evolution Loudspeaker System.
(http://www.iar-80.com/page103.html)
IAR placed great stock in what they called "rich warmth". It is the power of the M6, something I will hereafter require in a speaker.

I followed IAR's recommendations after first listening to the NHTs, running them full range with tweeters out, the speakers toed in and on stands to have the tweeters just below ear level. The soundstage really opens up with this setup. At first I had the switch set to 0 which means a 6db midbass rise, but quickly found it added too much, so as recommended I set it to 1.
Someday I'll play around with phase too.

The old venerable AR acoustic suspension design has life left in it to be sure.
I never thought I'd prefer any boxes to panels, but that is the case with the M6's.
Purists insisting on minimal drivers and the simplest crossovers should see what can be accomplished in this design too.

NHT M6 is in my system to stay!

Which sounds better Bose or the New Klegg M6

I listened to the New [URL=http://www.kleggusa.com]Klegg [/URL] M6 system for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised! Full and rich sound. I think it may actually sound better than Bose Lifestyle systems, however the sales associate said that my ears were not trained. Has anyone compared the ... Read More »

Speaker City M6.1 Loudspeaker

Anyone have any experience with this speaker?It's sold by Speaker City and uses Vifa drivers.Used to be avaiable as a DIY kit;but now they only sell it assembled.I'm thinking of trying a pair because i like the sound of Vifa drivers which are harder to find now in OEM speakers for a good price.Thank ... Read More »