Mordaunt-Short Avant 905C
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response (Hz) 60-22k</li> <li>Sensitivity (dB) 90</li> <li>Impedance (nominal) (Ohms) 4 - 8</li> <li>Power rating (Watts RMS) 15-120</li> <li>Dimensions (hxwxd) (mm) (inches) 165x485x2006.5x19.1x7.8</li> </ul>

Submitted by gildak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have had this center speaker for more than 5 years and I must say that I am still impressed by its performance and looks. It remains the centerpiece of my main HT and music system. The Definitive and the KEF centers remain in the sidelines.

Submitted by ceomilord a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was hesitant to replace my Infinity CC-3 that I've had for about 6yrs, but since the rest of my HT setup was Mordaunt Short, I figured I'd take the plunge. I must say that I was impressed, yet skeptical the day that it arrived. The build quality is fantastic from the casing to the gold bi-amp connectors. Very solid feeling speaker. When I first hooked it up, it sounded a little hollow & somewhat disapointing. However, I've left it turned on for its recommended 36hrs of "break-in" time & now it sounds very, very clean. As expected, this center now needs more juice than the infinity ever did, but its well worth it. Voices are very crisp & life-life. Music (especially acoustic & opera) are just flatout impressive. And the looks are very strong. I looked at other infinity's, polk, Bose, Paradigm & Mission centers. For the money, its hard to find another center to compare.