Meridian DSP5000C

Submitted by Triple B a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had buy these speakers 3 month ago. I should say for 3 monht I try so many diferent way to find where to put these speakers. And I realy upset , Because, simply where ever i put it the sound just not right. Soundstage Not warm and wide like it said it should be. Detail in MID But when i listen to JAZZ the bass performment Not that good . I don't know why? Some body know????

Purchased At:   Loot

Submitted by Mark Blair a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
After three years of reviewing stereo systems for CD play back, I selected the Meridian 500 CD Transport matched with a pair of Meridian DSP 5000 Loudspeakers. The speakers accept digital inputs only with an onboard computer doing the crossover, ditital shaping, and then DAC function prior to sending to onboard dedicted ampliers short wired to each speaker driver. The elimination of the electrical noise typical in convention stereo systems really shows through in the life likeness of these speakers. This is the only system I took my wife to listen to that she said sounded like real music instead of just a stereo system. I had looked in detail at ProAc, Linn, PSB, plus others in less detail.

The system retail price is $9200. I found nothing that could touch it at that cost.