LINN AV 5120 Center Channels

Two way bass reflex center channel speaker with seperate chambers for the midrange and tweeter.

Submitted by DVD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Bottom Line:
Definitely the best center speaker

Submitted by danz1906 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Linn Av5120 is a great center speaker with a Natural tone. The 5120 makes a seamless match with
the Av5140 speakers. The 5120 has great Clarity without being Harsh.

Submitted by bjm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I am using this remarkable center channel in a mostly Linn AV51 system. The speaker has clarity and power. Everything sounds clean, clear and enveloping. Voices are reproduced with a naturalness that isn't often found.

This unit replaced a KEF Reference 100 center channel which was also clean sounding but lacked the ease and expansiveness of the Linn. By "expansiveness" I mean that this speaker throws a very wide and tall stage. As could be expected it blends seamlessly with 5140 main speakers and Uniks surrounds. I have them bi-wired with Linn K400 cable which does make a difference, typical "lamp cord" sucked the life out of the 5120.

For someone looking for a smaller Audio video setup, I would imagine that three 5103s plus small surrounds would offer a very involving alternative to using large floor standing speakers.

Cherry finish is beautiful!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Jerry Pease a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Truly one of the best center speakers I have ever heard. I first ran them passive for about a year, until I can afford Linn AV5105 power amp. For the last three years I have been running my AV5120 in active mode. Again incredible improvement. One thing that really draw me to Linn AV product line is the fact that you can upgrade as you go. Integration with Linn's AV5140 L/R is absolutely fantastic, exceptional, perfect. No wonder Stereophile Guide to Home Theater select as platinum award winner two years in a row.

I also auditioned Revel and Snell. Based on price and value I could not get pass Linn. Another choice would have been Revel but at 3x the price it was not worth it to me.

Purchased At:   Audio Video South, T

Submitted by WillyCAD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
Major upgrade for me. Was using a Tukan in center (as well as rear channels). Have tri-amped Aktiv LINN AV-5140's as main channel speakers. Audio section is all LINN. Theater is mostly Rotel. Really like this center channel. I run it in "full range" mode from my Rotel processor. It is being fed by a 110w x 5 Rotel power amp.

Recommend to anyone who wants beatiful sound from their theater system.

Purchased At:   Sounds Like Music