Klipsch KSC-C1 Center Channels

4.81/5 (42 Reviews) MSRP : $200.00

Submitted by mfk3 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
A truly awesome find, for $40.00 on ebay. I was using a Klipsch KG 2.2v, but when I saw this with the tractrix horn, 80 x 40 I knew it would be a good match for my Klipsch Forte II's. There is no way I would ever buy anything buy Klipsch, ok, well maybe some of the Altec 604 series. I like big speakers that propogate big wavelenghts.

This little guy rocks with movies, music and video games. Totally worth it.

Submitted by tommyus6969 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
Don't let the ugly grille fools you, it is an amazing center channel speaker. It can handle anything you put thru, hard rock, movie, heavy metal, soft rock, and even Karaoke. Great quality built center channel, but clearity is a little bit less than the Energy C-C100 that I have. I like my Energy C-C100 very much, but it can't handle Karaoke as well as this Klipsch monster. Paid $120 from Ubid about 10 years ago and still using it

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have used speakers from Polk and Bose before paying attention to Klipsch. Bought a system a year ago with KSB 3.1 + KSC-C1 and SS-1. WOW! They are unfairly more crispy and louder than others I used. The center gives my 57 inch TV a real feel of a theater. Man, I am hooked to Klipsch now. I just wonder how Sony and Bose can sell anything in the presence of Klipsch which may have done a poor marketing job.
May upgrade to the Reference series soon.

Submitted by norman emralino a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
at first, i was planning to get a bose center speaker, vcs-10 i think. but when i read the reviews, just changed my mind buying that one. i settled for the klipsch center ksc-c1 based on the reviews here. the speaker looks simple and classic but when i hooked it up, sound was loud and clear. the tractrix horn is exceptionally accurate in detail. you can understand the voices very well. it even overpowers my fronts. sounds like you're in a movie hall.

Purchased At:   Ebay auctions

Submitted by Neal Farrar a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Fine speaker for the money great range, reasonable bass, looks good and puts out alot of sound. I am using a entry level Sherwood 5.1 receiver, with Klipsch surronds and AR subwoofer. The center channel handles much of the sound and the subwoofer is what really makes HT different from music as far as what speakers are best suited.

Purchased At:   Vanns