Klipsch RC-25
Description: The center channel is the most important component of a surround sound system, but it is often overlooked. In fact, it produces more than 60 percent of all soundtrack materials. Klipsch certainly gives the new RC-25 center channel the attention it deserves by incorporating new features that enhance performance and installation flexibility. This detailed performer establishes a new value price point in the Reference Series line by continuing to offer phenomenal sound and stylish flair, but at an even more affordable price. <p /> The RC-25 delivers precise, subtle and exhilarating sounds through dual 5.25-inch woofers and a 1-inch tweeter that has a light titanium-dome diaphragm and a high-energy, video-shielded Neodymium magnet. The tweeter is coupled to an exclusive Klipsch square Tractrix® Horn that boosts the driver’s already high sensitivity while minimizing room interactions that cause loss of sonic detail.

Submitted by Glenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker in 2005, I am using a SR7500 Marantz receiver. Even though I have owned this speaker for quite some time, I have never been completely satisfied with it. When watching football games, the crowd noise seem to drown out the announcers, when watching movies the actors sound like they are speaking from inside of a box. My fronts are the RF3 tower Klipsch speakers, my rears are Klipsch speakers as well. I am currently shopping for a new center speaker, I'm pretty sure that it won't be a Klipsch, but, it will have to be compatible with what I already have. My RF3's are awesome, I just need something to compliment them.

Submitted by RSB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent clarity and ballance of bass/treble for a center speaker.
Purchased from www.acousticsounddesign.com. An affordable, knowledgeable reseller of audio equipment -- including Klipsch speakers.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by Dairybeat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
The price mentioned is in Euro's, that's about 360.00 Dollar (it's expensive because of import into Europe etc.).
I wanted a front ported center speaker, because of placement low in front of my plasma tv. Its back was 6" clear of the tv, placed on 3 rubber studs, with both sides free in space.
After reading the reviews, I thought this speaker would be a good choise for me, but it was a total let down.
It might be alright in a budget system, but in any mid. or high priced system with floor standing speakers, it falls totally short in all aspects.
I've tried the amp. setup for the speaker on both Large and Small, with Small sounding 'best'.
The spoken sound was nasal and shut in and degraded the surround sound totally. I get far better results with my amp. set up on: 'Without center speaker'.

Purchased At:   besthomecinema.nl

Submitted by devil_may_cry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
It’s been a week since I got this speaker and would have used it for about 10 hrs. I have connected it to Denon AVR-1803.The speaker handles the voice part pretty well and is quite clean when it comes to that. Some vices do get a bit bright and I guess my receiver is also on the brighter side. When it comes to music I think the treble isn’t all that refined. So what I tried was, disconnected all my other speakers and tried this one with just multichannel music. I previously owned a Sony speaker which I got from Japan some 5 years back and I can see some serious difference between them. The Klipsch certainly was louder and produced a clear voice. Not to mention the strong bass it could produce. But the treble part was not all that great compared the old Sony which is a 4 way speaker. Using it in 5 channel stereo revealed this all the more.
Probably this speaker can sound better with a better receiver but for my receiver I think it certainly lacks treble range for my taste. Others might see this speaker in a different light and like it more than me but this is all about my opinion.
I’ve been doing some research about the break in time for the speakers and they say it sounds better after 100 hrs of break in time. I’m going to give that a try and see if it sounds better after such time. I don’t think treble would improve after break in because I own a pair of Paradigm M9 for my fronts and the rebel for that became much smoother after a while and not more than what it was originally.
If anyone thinks am crazy to compare Sony with Klipsch, let me tell you this, ive been a sound maniac all my life and I know what am listening to is good or bad, detailed or just colored. If there is anyone who has compared the Klipsch RC-25 with Paradigm procenter C2, please let me know cause I think that sounds better that this on all fronts. I have listened to it some time back. The shop dealer did not have stock of it when I went to buy it and I ended up buying the Klipsch.
For comparison try to disconnect other speakers and listening cause in multi channel mode you wont quite know how exactly the center is doing besides the voice part, other speakers will fill cloud you hearing.
I also tried connecting this as a main speaker having everything else disconnected and the difference in the treble was all the more obvious.
If anyone thinks am wrong about the way am reviewing this, please correct me.

Purchased At:   Audio people

Submitted by point_and_shoot a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers off of ebay. I was a bit skeptical but I had read good reviews on these. I must say the reviews are right! The sound is crisp and clean. They have a true presence and add a great demention to your soundstage. I would recommend these to anyone!