Klipsch KT-LCR KT-DS
Description: kt-lcr is 23" by 11" by 12" cabinet black , 31 lbs, with two 6.5" midbass and one tractrix horn loaded compression driver in D'appolito configuration, and kt-ds two 6.5 midbass and two 1" compression drivers loaded into exponential horn in a dipolar configuration

Submitted by JOHNROCK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
THEES SPEAKER ARE SO underrated ITS SICK. THEY WHERE MADE AT A TIME WHEN THERE WAS NO BLUE RAY OR EVEN DD OR DTS DTS DTS WAS LIKE A DREAM TO HAVE AND SO NOT SO MANY PEOPLE HEARD THEM. THERE TOTALY underrated LIKE OTHER SPEAKER LIKE THE CF 4 SAME STORY.

Submitted by Jama C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I recently got the Klipsch THX KT-LCR from ebay. I had been looking for a center channel to match my forte's but could not find one. Recently one sold on ebay for $410.00, too high for me. I decided to give the kt-lcr a try and Wow,was pleasantly surprised by how well it matched the Forte. I previously used the rc-62 center but it was a very poor match for the Forte. I am amazed at how clear the vocals are on this thing. Definitely worth the $127.00 i paid. So, if you cannot find an academy or a KLF c-7 to match your Fortes try to find one of these, you won't regret it.

Submitted by Erik Andersen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I unfortunately didn't buy the THX speakers when they were out. I have had the KSF-10's for about two years and the KSW-15 & KSF C5 for 4 months and have enjoyed them with both music and movies. I walked into a stereo shop I have shopped at for 20+ years and saw a pair of KD-TS's on a shelf and asked about the price (I got em cheap!) I took them home, my wife freaked (another peice of equipment?!?! she said) and I mounted them like the instructions said and WOW, talk about clean, blended very well with the KSF-10's and the KSW-15 hits nice, doesn't step on the other speakers, everything seems so well balanced. If Klipsch decides to put out THX speakers again, I'm buying!

Submitted by Howard Halligan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I happened on this system when a local "Nobody beats the Wiz" went out of business. These were store demos that had blown speakers, scratched and dented cabnets and the amp in the sub woofer was also blown but they were sold with "full factory warranties". Klipsch honored the warrenties, even sending me pre-paid shipping labels to return the defective speakers and amp. (The store was an authorized klipsch dealer). I filled in the dents and scratches and repainted the cabnets so they look and sound like new. And they sound great! I would agree with everything said in the prior reviews! I was so impressed that I bought a pair of 20+ year old La Scalas (see my review) which I prefer for listening to some music as they are more full bodied offering a greater presence and clarity due to very low distortion. Never-the-less, this is a great system in a compact design. I suspect it was discontinued because the price was high due to the THX certification. Also the center speaker is designed to work vertically as are the left and right speakers, and while it sounds great it looks strange and is awkward to place in relation to the TV monitor. However, I feel real lucky to have this system for about a quarter of it's original price.

Submitted by Lyle a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to add to the previous review. I managed to get my hands on the complete set of Klipsch THX Home Theater Speakers. Doug from RadioCrafts (403) 289-4448 is the Klipsch Dealer here in town and was informed a few weeks ago that Klipsch found 30 sets of these sitting in a warehouse. They were clearing them out so I got the entire set (15 " Sub Woofer, 3 Left Center Right(LCR's) and 2 Dipoles for Suround duties(Less than $3000 CDN for a set that used to retail for over $5000. These speakers are simply amazing to listen to with Dolby Digital Encoded DVD Movies. I'm using admittedly some budget electronics (Technics AX-6 Receiver and their matching Dolby Digital, and DTS decoder). The Sub Woofer with it's built in 200 + Watt amp is able to generate some amazing sound pressure levels. Let's just say you feel as much of the movie as you hear. My pleasant surprise was that these speakers hold there own when listening to CD's. I auditioned James Taylor Live, and some of my other favourite tracks and these speakers are very natural sounding with a wide variety of music. They put up a real nice soundstage, and are very "Dynamic" without being overly Bright.* I'm using some Monster Cable speaker interconnect and would encourage anyone to invest in the best wire they can afford. I'd suggest that anyone who hasn't auditioned some Klipsch, to seriously listen to them. Especially if your primary interest is Home Theater and music is secondary, or covered by another system in your house. Now I just have to wait until I can save up enough to replace my Technics Electronics with some more serious stuff that is also THX capable. I won't have to rush though as the > 95 DB efficiency of these speakers means that I can produce volumes that offend the wife and neighbours without causing the amp in the Technics to even break a sweat.
Again, I'm disappointed that these are no longer available.

Signed: A Happy Convert to the World of Horns !