Infinity Systems Alpha 37C Center Channels

4.83/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $305.00

• video-shielded
  • acoustic suspension
  • frequency response 45-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • sensitivity 91 dB
  • handles up to 150 watts
  • black ash or cherry vinyl finish
  • 5-way binding posts
  • 23-3/4"W x 8-13/16"H x 10-3/4"D

Submitted by Veeman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
I got this center for 125 bucks on craigslist

I checked out the reviews before buying they where pretty good
I got infinity il 10 fronts thought it would be great match for them
There not perfectly matched but close enough for me
This speaker has great mids and if need be that tweeter will scream. Clear smooth sound. Punchy bass.

Pros :clear sound handles 150 watts

Cons: it's pretty big for me it's not really a problem
Got a nice tv stand, just put on the shelf under the tv works great works out good

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by bob falfa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
still to this day i have not heard a center speaker that is better in any way,,,,period!!!! the break-in does take some time but then it's the most life-like sound you'll hear... a great full range center that will take any power you can give... i'm running a Outlaw 7125power/amp with the Outlaw990 pre/pro, with 4 Infinity alpha50's and a pair of Infinity alpha20's as surround backs also running 3 subs 2 Infinity alpha 1200s plus a Infinity PS10 .... with a RaneTHX44 EQ, a Monster 5100 powerfilter,cheap Onkyo cd player and a Denon DP-47F turntable, all Outlaw interconnecters and Monster M series MI.4 Bi-Wire to all speakers with a Dell 37in LCD...... just bought a DBX 4BX to add in, should be here next week.... these really bring albums to life if you still have some worth playing....lol.... last will be a Rane SSE22 EQ for the back speakers.....

Submitted by Maximus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
This center channel is excellent. If you can still find it, it is selling for a very reasonable price. When I first purchased it, I was somewhat disappointed, because I have experienced other very nice center channels. However, the CMMD driver technology really does need many hours of break in time. I would suggest giving this center channel speaker at LEAST 100 hours of music and movies with no crossover for the break in period. Allow this center channel to play full range throughout the break in time. Once broken in, it sounds fantastic. It has a good balance of mids and highs, and solid lows(for a center channel). I disagree with anyone that says this is a harsh sounding speaker. The Infinity Alpha and Primus line is a fantastic match with my Denon 3803. This speaker is excellent for the money.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by archangel37 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've been waiting for some time to upgrade our center channel speaker and I decided to go with the Infinity Alpha 37c because I have other Infinity speakers in the setup. Suffice it say, it sounds amazing. I've listened to The Matrix Reloaded before and after the center channel swap, and crap, I feel like I've been missing out on sound. It's really a great speaker, if a little large. But it feels very well built and it sounds fantastic. Highly recommend. Oh yeh, and buy it at www.acousticsounddesign.com. This is my second buy there and It definitely won't be my last. Killer prices and great service!

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by favre a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Originally I bought the smaller 2-way Alpha Center channel. Brought it home hooked it up and loved it. 2 days later I looked in the paper and saw that Ultimate Electronics was having a sale for $100 off of the Alpha 37c (which is the larger of the Alpha line and it was the same price as the smaller Alpha center at Circuit City). Needless to say I took the Alpha center back to Circuit City and went and purchased the 37c for the same price at Ultimate Electronics.

This speaker is phenominal. The 3-way design allows for more bass and powerhandling while allowing to handle the clean mids and highs involved in many movies and music. The Alpha center was a great speaker the Alpha 37c is unbelievable!

I have this paired with the Alpha 50's for fronts, Bose 301 IV for surround, and Denon 3803 receiver.

A great bargain that probably won't last very long (one week sale).

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics