Cerwin Vega LS-6C
Description: 6.5" 2 way center channel

Submitted by vinnie69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
AFTER A FEW TRY'S TO MATCH A CENTER CHANNEL TO MY CV VS-150 I DECIDED TO GO WITH ANOTHER CV.YOU SEE I DONT SEE MANY USED CV SPEAKERS FOR SALE(THATS A GOOD THING)AND I DONT LIKE BUYING NEW.SO I KEPT LOOKING ON E-BAY.THEN ONE DAY I SAW THIS LS-6C SO I DECIDED I WOULD GET AND I DID.BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT FROM ALOT OF OTHER E-BAYERS.I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE HOW BIG IT WAS(ALL CV STUFF IS HUGE)BUT IT IS A PERFECT MATCH FOR MY 150"S.VERY CLEAR,AND DETAILED.MY FRIEND HAS THE SMALLER CENTER WITH 5-1/4 WOOFERS AND IT SOUNDS GOOD,BUT THIS THING HAS 6-1/2 WOOFERS AND YOU CAN HEAR THE DIFFERANCE.YOU WILL NEVER GO SMALL AGAIN.IT IS ALSO MAGNETICALY SHIELDED SO YOUR TV WILL NOT GO ALL GREEN.

Purchased At:   EBAY

Submitted by fitzeke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
Timbre matches my other Cerwin Vega main speakers perfectly. Very nice speaker that does everything well and is not overpowering in any one area. For a center channel speaker, it has great dynamic range and great lower frequency extension. This means that the vocals sound clear and not muffeled. If you need to pick up a speaker to improve the clarity of the vocals when watching movies, this one is a good choice.

Submitted by Stiggyrawl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Crystal Clear Center Channel

Submitted by MrPorterhouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have always been partial to the "sound" of Cerwin Vega. Powerful low end and crisp highs with a full midrange. The LS-6C does not disappoint. Music comes alive and movies are powerfull. Dialog can be clearly heard, even during loud action sequences. I have researched and listened to many center channels, and this speaker is right up there with the other speakers in its class. It compares very well with the Polk Csi30. The Polk Csi40 will blow it away, but then again, it should because its a much more expensive model. All in all, if you can get a good deal on this speaker, don't pass it up. I recommend the LS-6C very highly. I have the E-76C(newer model) as my rear center, Cerwin Vega LS12's as Fronts, Bose 201's as surrounds, and TWO Cerwin Vega LW15's as subwoffers. Yes, I said Two. I guess you could say I'm a bass freak. I've got a Pioneer Elite VSX 43TX Receiver and Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player to complete the package. The E-76C works excellent as a center back, which in my HT is mounted vertically due to room configuration. By all means, give Cerwin Vega and the LS-6C a listen and you'll be happy you did.

Submitted by pounder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
This Centre channel rocks. Very loud and clean. For the cash you would be hard pressed to find a better centre channel. What else can you say about this thing. It's great. Too bad they discontinued the line. I need one for my rear centre also.

Purchased At:   The Elec. Playground