Cerwin Vega E-D6C
Description: Center Channel - 6.5" Driver and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by joe thomas 22 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
By far the best center channel Ive ever used. Makes movies and music just jump out at you with crystal clear highs and definition. Definetly worth the $250 dollars I payed for it earlier this year! I would not change this speaker as part of my surround system and give it an easy 5 of 5.

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was going to get the Polk CSi40, but then I seen the Vega! The Vega E-76C is $250 cheaper, same max watts, about the same frequency responce polk (50-26000) and Vega (50-20000), and higher db! Oh and it's made in the BEST place in the world USA!!! I checked out all of the center channels from Bose, Infinity, Polk, Pioneer, and Sony. The Vega was the best for the money and quality. I have a Pioneer 500watt x 5.1 digital DTS, two Yamaha Acoustimass 3-way 12' woofer 200 watts RMS, a 120 watt Cerwin Vega subwoofer, and two Bose 301 Series V. My first center channel was a Pioneer 150 watt and it couldn't even keep up! It sucked, it would go in and out. Somewhat like the surround sound speakers did, I replaced them with the Bose
Get the Cerwin Vega E-76C its sounds great!

Purchased At:   Rex

Submitted by Neil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just got this yesterday and I am very impressed. The over-all sound quality of my room has greatly improved! This thing is huge though, but I guess that's what happens when there are two 6.5" mid-range speakers and a one inch tweeter in a ported enclosure. The mid-bass, even though it's not broken-in, is very good, nice and tight. I was going to put this speaker on my t.v. but with the way my room is set up my t.v. has to be right next to the front-right speaker, so putting the center on the t.v. would have been pointless! Eventually I am going to lower the speaker to the t.v... when I get the computer out of my room that is right next to my t.v. I do enjoy how good my system sounds now! I like how certain instruments will come out of only the center. It makes the imaging improve drastically! I only watched Saving Silverman (which I bought last night too) on DVD so far w/ this speaker, and although that might not be a really good movie to test it with, I liked how things sounded. When things go right-to-left or vice-versa, it sounds much better than the same sound only coming out of the front speakers. There are no "holes" now. Before, when playing a CD such as System of a Down-Toxicity up very loud you could hear some distortion. Now, since everything is broken up into different speakers at the same volume it doesn't distort at all! I mean at 60 out of 90 there's going to be distortion, but there's a lot less! I need to upgrade the speaker cables in here and it should sound a lot better too.
System so far:
-JVC RX-7000VBK-Receiver (awesome!)
-JVC XL-FZ158-5 CD changer (wanted JVC for compulink)
-Panasonic DVD-RV30- DVD player
-Cerwin Vega E-312 speakers- Fronts
-Cerwin Vega E-76C Center Channel speaker
-JBL N-26 speakers- Surrounds (had them as fronts and CV- LW10 as sub, but wanted something louder and I wanted deeper/louder bass, so I upgraded to the 2-12's).
I am pretty satisfied w/ my system, I know the SQ isn't near as good as like CSW, B&W, and a ton of other brands, but for a 16 year old kid w/ a surround system in his bed room, this isn't bad! A lot better than KLH or RCA or a lot of other brands out there! Can't wait 'til Fast and the Furious is out on DVD!!! I'll probably do another review on the center to let everyone know how it's doing... since usually things seem better than what they are at first. But, hopefully it will still satisfy me in the future!

Purchased At:   REX

Submitted by Jose Noy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had the Bose center channel until I rented a movie that made the bose center distirtion in bad ways, so I went and exchanged it for the Cerwin Vega and played teh same movie, and hey, the CV kicked the bose behind. I was very impressed, but the High on my Bose 301 are very much clearer than the CV, but in movies the different is not noticible.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Gary Curtis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Eye went 2 Sears in Baton Rouge."They" had 3 centre channel
E-D6c on display.Both the salesman & manager of the audio dept.@ Sears went 2 check & sea if "they" had any in the warehouse."They" both came back & said,"Sorry we can't sell U 1 because we have none in stock".I asked about the 3,that's 3,drei,III, T H R E E centre channel speakers "they" had on display.Both "hardlegs"refused 2 sell me the speaker & them "hardlegs" had 3 models on display.So Eye left.
Eye went 2 Rex in Baton Rouge.The Gentleman shook my hand & 2 make a long story short,he had the same speaker.It was NOT in stock & he sold me his demo model that was sittin'on the TV.This gentleman's name is Chadrick Jackson.
I bought a Vega SUB-150 from this same store 6 months ago .Rex in Baton Rouge,La. is the B E S T !

Purchased At:   Rex