Boston Acoustics VR 10 Center Channels

4.76/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

3-way Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by lytehows a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
I just brought this thing, and wow. I had a Klispch Quentet system which I really liked matched with a Klipsch sub 10. The sound was ok. I recently purchased 2 Polk r40s. The center speaker for the Quentets couldn't keep up with the Polks, in comes the Vr10. Diolog is nice and clear. The woofer, mid and high all work together for a great sound. I know this thing is older than my kids combined, but it stills hangs with the newer centers out there.

Submitted by Alexpm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
I just want to write to say what a great speaker this is. I originally purchased the Boston VR-12 to accompany my VR-40s, but found the speaker to be much too large and bulky and also on the loud side. When the VR-10 was released a year later, I quickly purchsed one and the VR-12 went into storage. I recently sold it. I have read that the VR-12 was one of the best center speakers ever made and have at times regretted my decision, but every time I think about how massive it was, I realize I made the right decision to keep the VR-10. The VR-10 has a lot of power and very clean and clear sound and I also understand it to be a better speaker than the VR-MC which is similarly built and with similar specs.

Purchased At:   Eber Electronics

Submitted by thammer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had Boston's going all around my home theater and thought they were the best. But wait all of you mass market buyers out there!

I just wasn't pleased with my Boston Acoustics VR10 and recently purchased B&W's (I'll leave out the models to prove I'm not advertising for anyone out there)for my L and R speakers. I wanted to match my front 3 and listened to a B & W center channel (again leaving out the model).

I brought the Boston speaker to the store to compare and lets just say I had to laugh as their is NO comparison! The mass market equipment out there like Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood may sound good if that's all you've heard (bread is good until you've had pizza - then it sucks right?). This is no different - take your gold plated deluxe edition mass market speaker that you want/have and take it to a REAL audio store that has REAL audio equipment like B&W's, Paradigm, etc. and compare. Even these 'entry level' speakers are sometimes just a little more than the mass market crap,and they will blow the mass markets out!

I just did this with the VR10 and my new B&W and OH MY GOD! I went from loving bread to tasting pizza for the first time and my B&W center only cost me $75 more!

Purchased At:   Best Buy?

Submitted by joshtuttle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
Couldn't be happier with my purchase. The speaker is an ideal size for a center channel, it doesn't even dwarf my 20" flatscreen television in my entertainment center and puts out crisp,full voice and sound effects. If you can still get hold of one of these (even used) pay up to retail to get it and you won't be sorry. It is a 3-way speaker with the beautiful Lynnfield VR tweeter, a midrange, and a pair of woofers (1 active and 1 passive). Connected via Monster Z1 cable with banana plugs to my Denon AVR-2802 for a great combination! Get one!

Submitted by Justin a

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
Excelent purchase, I bought a pair of vr20's about 3 years ago (350 for the pair on clearence), and was amazed at what I had been missing. When I added the vr10 it just brought it all together. I love the BA sound, the lynnfield vr tweeter is amazing.