Aura LINE SOURCE LSC-537M
Description: CENTER CHANNEL, MONOPOLE TWEETER/PAIR OF 5.25" WOOFERS

Submitted by George a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really wasn't planning on getting this speaker, but after seeing it go for $24 on uBid and reading these reviews, I couldn't resist. I was pleasantly surprised by this speaker. The construction is quite impressive, from the quality of the cabinet to the metal retaining rings around the drivers (they also took my idea of using fancy looking screws to secure the drivers). I was previously using a Polk CS250 center channel which is a great speaker, but didn't serve its purpose well. When watching movies, voice were rather muddled. No amount of futzing with the DSP would fix this, I would end up raisng the TV's volume to compensate. I must say the Aura reproduces vocals effectively and accurately. The lower frequencies are lacking, but if you have a sub and large front speakers, you won't notice. Fantastic deal!

Purchased At:   uBid

Submitted by TedO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I needed a center speaker but could not afford much since I drained my HT fund for a new sub and a couple of amps. So I found this speaker on Ubid.com and started looking for reviews. I was suprised to see such good reviews for a speaker selling for so cheap, so I bought one.

All I can say is that I am impressed! The quality of the cabinet, the sound of the drivers/tweeter, even the gold plated binding posts are anything but cheap.

The sound quality is great, it keeps up with my system without fail and I have never heard this speaker distort, and I do push them hard.

Purchased At:   ubid.com

Submitted by Kevin C. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up review. I've loved Aura speakers the first time that I cranked them up in my HT setup and the love affair still continues after two years. I can't believe the prices that Aura speakers are going for on uBid. The vast majority of people head to the JBL and Infinity stuff and ignore Aura. That's turned out to be a great thing for me as I've assembled a highly-ranked HT speaker package for almost nothing...thanks to uBid. The Aura speakers(mains,CC and rear surrounds) in my primary HT setup only cost me around $220. I picked up a BIC DV1210 Powered Sub two years ago on uBid for $200 (shipped). That brings the total cost up to $420. You would have to spend almost three times that much to get the same quality somewhere else. I've been accumulating some items from the remaining inventory of Aura Sound..I almost died when I saw the LSC-537M going for $57($39+$18s&h) on uBid two weeks ago. The reviews in Sound and Vision and Home Theater magazines gave extra kudos to the LSC-537M CC when they evaluated two different Aura HT speaker packages. This a great CC which gets passed over by many uninformed bidders on uBid...don't be one of them.

Purchased At:   uBid.com

Submitted by Leroy Moore a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've grown very fond of these little MTM designs. At first I felt they were lacking, until I decided to orient them vertically. Then everything came together. I feel for the price, these (with a good subwoofer) are a great speaker for front channels in a home theater setup with the Pro LX5' as surrounds. Associated equipment are Toshiba (lineaum)center, LX5 surrounds, NHT SW3P, Denon DVDA3300,Denon AVR3300(w/12v cooling fan), CDR1000, Parasound HCA800II(bridged for woofer) and Sony Wega flat screen TV. Highly recommended, if you can find 'em.

Purchased At:   classified ad

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great center speaker. Clear and clean vocals. Matches aura sat speakers 527 & 627.