Yamaha NS-A327 Bookshelf Speakers

Two-Way Satellite Speaker System

Submitted by staldini a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
For the money, these are quite good. No, they don't have any kind of bass to them, but they are SATELLITE SPEAKERS. Right now I have them hooked up to a Yamaha SW-40 powered sub in my dorm room. They sound a little bright right out of the box but break in quickly. I'm going to have them hooked up as the rear channel in HT setup next school year. I reccomend them for that use in particular, although I like them in sub/sat configuration more than the bose 101 monitors my dad let me use.

Purchased At:   http://www.yamahasho

Submitted by SmarterChild a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
A previous reviewer probably had the model incorrect. These are average speakers - worth the price I paid for them - 30 bucks. They are adequate for surround applications, and have plastic, not metal casing. Very decent upper-mids and highs, nothing on the low end. The larger Yamaha's cannot be compared to these - I have 8" 3-way Yamaha's for my fronts and those are amazing.

Purchased At:   yamahashoponline.com

Submitted by Trpnmich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
If your looking for a great set of rears for your HTS and dont want to spend over $200.00. STOP HERE!!! If you havent heard these speakers yet, your missing out big time. I have a set of JBL-N26 Fronts , A JBL center channel and a Sony Sub and these speakers as my rears and Im very happy!! I finally had to replace my Infinity rears (wich sounded awesome by the way) and was very particular to say the least. They sell them by the pair @ Best Buy and only had 2 sets left. The Sales Rep said they sale them as fast as they get them in.

Purchased At:   Best Buy