unknown Tekton Design - Model OB4.5
Description: An open baffle hybrid speaker design using Fostex full range 4.5" drivers. No crossover design with one driver facing forward and once facing upward on the top back baffle. A tweeter can be added for $50 additional

Submitted by Scarfather a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had these for about 8 months now and I love the soundstage and the clarity of these speakers, bass is better than the regular single drivers from tekton. I love the look too. I got mine with the grills which I highly recommend because the cones on the fostex drivers are fragile, I had a bad experience with my first set of tektons where I bent the whizzer cone while I was changing speaker cables. I pair them with a tube amp but lately I've been pairing it with a t-amp and have gotten amazing results if you're on a budget I would highly recommend a t-amp paired with these speakers you'll have set-up that will beat set-ups that cost 3-4x more. I have not heard clarity and soundstage this good even on my Klipsch lasclas and quad 12l speakers. Only downside I can think of with these speakers is the bass, while it's better than the regular single drivers still doesn't match regular speakers like my quad 12l's but this should really only be an issue if you're listening to bass heavy music like heavy metal or rap for everything else it has plenty of bass extension.

I would highly recommend them.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Micheal S. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had these for about 8 months now, I love the soundstage and the clarity of these speakers, bass is better than the regular single drivers from tektons. I love the look too . I got mine with the grills which I highly recommend because the cones on the fostex drivers are fragile, I had a bad experience with my first set of tektons where I bent the whizzer cone while I was changing speaker cables. I pair them with a tube amp but lately I've been pairing it with a t-amp and have gotten amazing results if you're on a budget I would highly recommend a t-amp paired with these speakers you'll have set-up that will beat set-ups that cost 3-4x more. I have not heard clarity and soundstage this good even Klipsch lasclas and quad 12l speakers. Only downside I can think of with these speakers is the bass, while it's better than the regular single drivers still doesn't match regular speakers like my quad 12l's but this should really only be an issue if you're listening to bass heavy music like heavy metal or rap for everything else it has plenty of bass extention.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Rootman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased this as an audio experiment to hear what and open baffle speaker design could give me that was different from my other speakers. Clear, detailed, effortless mid's and highs. Needs to be paired with a good subwoofer to troll to the depths bass wise, but has plenty of mid bass. When paired with a low powered tube amp, female vocals, acoustic rock and jazz and blues are magical for the money. Deep sound stage with good heighth and width reaching well outside each speaker. Speaker is able to play at more than enough volume for most listeners unless you are looking for ear shattering rock or classical output. Could be one of the great bargains in audio for under $1000 and definitely competes with speakers all the way up to $10,000 when used with good electronics. Highly recommended for those whose wallets are unable to go in the 000's of dollars for speakers. I don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you just have to have a known name in the business, rather than Eric Alexander's unadvertised Tekton Design brand. You'll never see finer woodwork on any speaker no matter how much money you spend, as these cabinets are the finest you will ever see anywhere, anytime.

Take the plunge....You won't be disappointed!!!!