Totem Acoustic 1 Signature
Description: <ul> <li>Internal and external wood veneering</li> <li>Multilayer borosilicate damping</li> <li>Full plane crossbrace</li> <li>Lock miter cabinet joints</li> </ul>

Submitted by joe_h_so a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
My background: I am not a stereophile.. I just want to have a system that can resolve details so I can tell what instrument are playing.

I love Montreal and so I started my dream speaker research back in 3 yrs ago with Totem.. which is based in Mtl QC. It turns out to be The Canadian Good Stuff. I like stuff to be small and I don't want any sub at the time. For highend mini-monitor, I don't think there is a lot of option out there. B&W, EPOS, Paradiagm Signature were all on my list but the were bigger and they don't sound as good. It is Model 1 signature that stand out. It is very natural sounding and the frequency response is very good. I actually think the Model 1 sig deliver pretty good bass. The sound will just fill the room. You will be surprise.

My Model 1 is in my living room along side with the TV. It is on a sand filled 100 bucks speaker stand. Model 1 Signature is used for everything. Movie, TV, CD, SACD, IPOD, Airport Express(suck) and my work laptop sometime. I love the detail this speaker can resolve. The speaker style is classic and the build quality is amazing. For the price... I be on drugs if it wasn't

I start off my hi-end system by buying one piece at a time and I choose the speaker. The Model 1 Signature offers quality response to the sound but my amplifier is not up to the task.

Recently, I got a Cambridge Audio 840A. I am very happy with the improved detail my system is giving me. What I wanted to say here is that it is a speaker for many years to come and I am happy that this speaker can go along with good high-end amplifier to deliver good warm natural sound.

Purchased At:   Montreal

Submitted by alex a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excellent built quality. Non musical. Good for equipment and sound quality testing. But only more or less decent for music listening. They sound impressive only on high volume levels.