SVS SBS-01
Description: SBS-01 2.0 Stereo Pair<br> MSRP $225<br> Removable grill with chrome pin retainers <br> 1 SVS ClearSilk™ 1" tweeter and 1 NBS™ 5.25" woofer <br> Smooth and seamless braced cabinet <br> Multiple installation modes <br> Audiophile-grade crossover <br> Linear frequency response <br>

Submitted by dennis rehm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
My main system is a Rotel amp with NAD 3020 used as a pre-amp. The speakers are Northcreeks with 6.5" and 1.125" Scan Speak drivers. I bought the sb-01 because I wanted a small speaker that would play loudly without losing tone quality, and I find I rarely like metal tweeters and the sb-01 uses a silk dome tweeter. These speakers are everything I hoped for. they play remarkably loud for a small speaker. Yes they won't go as loud as my Northcreeks with clarity but that is life with a 5.25" woofer. In some ways I like the sb-01 better than my much more expensive Northcreeks and that is saying a lot since I like the northcreek better than anything else at twice their price. It is really amazing that you can get a speaker this good for only 225 a pair.

Purchased At:   svsoujnd