Sony SSK10ED Main / Stereo Speaker Bookshelf Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by James Davis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Bottom Line:
These speakers will SURPRISE anyone with warm low batter and just the right layer of icing. With comparing to high end same dimensional size cabinet, these pull above. I own the 1990's flagships SS-M3 and SS-M7a's, these smaller examples give the same balance. The case finish and connections are not the same standard however these offer flexibility of sitting anywhere and cost a lot less. This is a secret audiophile weapon, if you remove label and grills.
I didn't pull the speakers from the cabinets but if hear them you will know why I want to.
The weight of the speaker seems far lighter than competitors however the sound represents pure satisfaction. I will eventually pull them from the cabinets, they deserve an exotic hardwood.

Submitted by don burgess a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
WoW , Big bang for the buck . Real crisp highs and a great flat responce . these fro the money dont take a back seat to many. I sold b&o and Macintoch . so just say for a small set next too your flat screen on a pair of stands a great choice.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by vanwilder42 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
I got the big brother SSK30ED , no place to review them so I'm doing it here. These speakers are amazing. 6.5" Kevlar woofer 1" HD Tweeter. I didnt really know what I had for about a year since i was using them as my second system with Polks as my first. (the Polks are in my garage now) They seriously took about 100 hours to break in and I still think they got even better after 200 hours. Great range, great soundstage, Very heavy and huge cabinet for bookshelf speakers. 17x13x9 Teardrop shape. For vocals and acoustic music I cant imagine anything better except at some crazy high price. These started at CC for $270 and of course who would pay that much for Sony bookshelfs. Not to mention the ones in the store sounded awful with tiny wires and not broken in. So they never got sold till clearance time. Lotsa lucky people got these and their Floorstanding cousins.

Purchased At:   CC