Sony SS-B1000 Bookshelf Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $59.99

Dont let their diminuitive size fool you, Sonys SS-B1000 bookshelf speakers are built to perform. Rated at 120W with 1 Nano Fine balanced dome tweeters and 5.25 H.O.P. cone woofers, the SS-B1000 reproduce both ends of the audio spectrum beautifully. Enjoy your favorite music in any room of the house with quality sound from Sony SS-B1000 Performance Bookshelf Speakers. With 120 watts of power and an advanced woofer and tweeter design, they deliver high resolution audio up to 50kHz. You will experience the music just as it was recorded.

Submitted by JA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I was pleasantly surprised from the sound emanating from these inexpensive speakers. Bass is respectable, highs (from what Sony calls "Nano-fine" tweeters) are crisp, midrange is smooth, with nice detail. Fit and finish is excellent for a speaker in this price range. Spring-clip terminals are to be expected at this price level, so I have no qualms with that.

I use them as main speakers in a budget stereo system and they fill the bill very nicely. I also own a pair of Paradigm Atoms and a pair of Energy bookshelf speakers, so I own and listen to good speakers; these Sonys may not be quite on that level, but for 60 bucks a pair (I payed $45), they are hard to beat.

Submitted by D.G. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I was pleasantly suprised when I purchased these for surrounds but just thouhgt I'd see what they can do as front out of curiousity and wow. They easily kept up with Polks r15s and there replacements and if you can find them for 15 bucks each like I did then hurry up and grab them.

Product model year:   2008