Sony SSK10ED Main / Stereo Speaker

Submitted by don burgess a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
WoW , Big bang for the buck . Real crisp highs and a great flat responce . these fro the money dont take a back seat to many. I sold b&o and Macintoch . so just say for a small set next too your flat screen on a pair of stands a great choice.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by vanwilder42 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
I got the big brother SSK30ED , no place to review them so I'm doing it here. These speakers are amazing. 6.5" Kevlar woofer 1" HD Tweeter. I didnt really know what I had for about a year since i was using them as my second system with Polks as my first. (the Polks are in my garage now) They seriously took about 100 hours to break in and I still think they got even better after 200 hours. Great range, great soundstage, Very heavy and huge cabinet for bookshelf speakers. 17x13x9 Teardrop shape. For vocals and acoustic music I cant imagine anything better except at some crazy high price. These started at CC for $270 and of course who would pay that much for Sony bookshelfs. Not to mention the ones in the store sounded awful with tiny wires and not broken in. So they never got sold till clearance time. Lotsa lucky people got these and their Floorstanding cousins.

Purchased At:   CC