Pioneer DSS-9 Bookshelf Speakers

3 way Bass-Reflex Speaker System
PG cone woofer 12-inch/30cm diameter
Boron cone midrange 4-3/4 inch/12cm
Pioneer beryllium ribben tweeter
HIgh power, 240 watts(max music power) 80 watt (rated)

Submitted by Mike D a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2012

Bottom Line:
2 pairs of DSS9's make up my main stereo, and YES you heard me REAR SURROUNDS. then 5 Pairs of DSS5's make up the Front Center and Left, with the last 2 pairs in the rear, getting ready to get a ONKYO 11.2 and maybe play with BIAMPIN...

I have 2 Pioneer Car 12 inch subs in a slant box for the sub power all by M90 amps and simple Pioneer Elite 5.1 surround... the on M90 his the center speaker and the subs... also a 777 crossover that pipes Tivo Pandora into the system via regular and digital and must say the old RCA outs sound much warmer.. NO HISS and one sweet sound... and I have my good old set of Silver faced Pioneer Stuff also...

BUT THESE DSS9's kick ass if in good working shape, HPM's NO WAY... These are great rock speakers and really shine if you have a nice EQ it will make them work on most music flavors with very very little movement of the sliders... just

Submitted by texdeadly a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is for the DSS-E10,basically the same as the DSS-9. Picked these up by chance...almost passed them by as they needed re-foaming. Do I believe in miracles now? You bet your a...ngels wings! I already had too many speakers and thought well,I'll get 'em refoamed and give them a try, the price was right. Needless to say I am now in the process of selling my "cherished" speakers. These totally blew away the competition! The competition being Boston Acoustics,Klipsch & Dahlquist. Absolutely no comparison. These are so crystal clear that I never knew half of what I was missing! Pink Floyd now resides in my room! The Cowboy Junkies just stopped by for dinner and jammed ...live! Can I hear a pin drop? Yes, and tell you what size it was, and if it bounced on the carpet! Okay,I know I kinda exaggerate but these are just some reallly nice sounding speakers! Why only 4 stars? Well, the day ain't over yet and there are a LOT of speakers waiting to be found!