Orb Audio Classic Two Speaker System
Description: This is our best performing stereo system. It includes two of our exclusive Mod2 satellite speakers and our high-output, compact Super Eight subwoofer. If you want a stereo speaker system that will simply blow you away, this is it. Like the Classic One, it is fully upgradeable to a home theater system if your listening needs change in the future. Additionally, the sound produced by the Classic Two is simply phenomenal, with crisp imaging and deep, accurate bass. See and hear why audiophiles have been abandoning their big speakers and welcoming Orb into their homes. Available in Metallic Black Gloss, Pearl White, Hand Polished Steel ($80 option) and Hand Antiqued Copper ($120 option).

Submitted by calcut52 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
Grande sistema audio - connesso al mio personale computer riproduce benissimo anche i files codificati in mp3/320Kbps. Anche l'organo a canne viene riprodotto in tutta la sua immanenza, ma anche nel più fine dei dettagli.
Il sub dialoga perfettamente con i satelliti (Mod1), attraverso l'ampli PylePro PTA2 che ho acquistato sul sito Orb.
Anche se ho pagato spese di dazio e doganali (+ € 145), non mi pento dell'acquisto.

Submitted by Slimpikkins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Classic Two Speaker system and only for listing to music.

I needed small speakers for our living room. I originally was going to move my stereo upstairs to another room because of limitation of our living room. There is no room for furniture and speakers. I figured to get rid of the furniture my wife the speakers. Moving the stereo upstairs would mean we have this fabulous stereo and never listen to it.

We thought of bookshelf systems with a sub because we do have places to “hide” the sub. The problem was the speakers require a stand which takes up floor space and we would be left with the same problem.

I found Orb while surfing the net one night and gave them a call the next day. They were most helpful over the phone. I ordered my system and get this shipping was only 6 bucks. They arrived only a couple days later. I had to laugh at the size of the box. It was tiny and I thought, “These things are going back to Orb.” The sub was back ordered so I hooked them up with my HSU VTF 2 set at 90hz using the free stands that came with the Orbs. I put them up on the mantle of our fireplace because there was no place else to put them. They sounded great even though they were poorly placed. After I decided we were keeping them I fabricated a killer set of adjustable stands (I work in a machine shop) and placed them on the floor with the speakers up around 38” off the ground. What a difference moving them out into the room a little bit say 4-6’ away from the wall and on the stands made. Since the stands take up about as much room as a coffee cup you can move them around very easily when your wife is not home.

When the sub came I hooked it up as well. I tried it with my VTF and liked the sound so left both subs hooked up the VTF still at 90hz and the Orb around 120 or 140. If I did not have the VTF I would most likely buy another Orb sub because of the size of our room.

The speakers are wonderful. We listen to a wide variety of music. Classical to Rock and they do well with everything. Once in a while they will disappear while playing a quality recording such as Dead can Dance, “Spirit Chaser” or Sade’s “Lovers Rock.” Terrific soundstage. The sub is very good quality and fast, which makes up for the lack of mid range. The VTF is only noticed when I turn it off and some presents is lost. I highly recommend these speakers they are just terrific and will fit in any room. I also recommend ordering a second sub (I’m told they will nock some $$ off the second sub) if your room is large.

I no this is not an Audiophile review and I’m no Audiophile. I have been exposed to some very nice equipment over the years B & W, Magnapan, Martin Logan, Mirage…Will these little gems replace these giant speakers…No, but they’re around $700 and only 4” in diameter. You will be amazed at how good these speakers are. They are ridiculous, no kidding!

I quick note on Quality; these speakers are made very well. The paint is awesome and I’m sure the other finishes are too. You will want to buy a set of floor stands as soon as you can afford them or the sturdier table stands from Orb. The ones that come with them are a little flimsy and better stands will tighten them up a bit. This will take the Orbs closer to the $1000 mark but they will look and sound like they cost much more.

System used: Odyssey Amp and Pre-amp, Njoe Tjoeb 4000 tube Cd player, additioal HSU VTF 2 sub

Purchased At:   Orb Audio