Mirage OMNI 150 Main / Stereo Speaker
Description: The versatile OMNI 150 OMNIPOLAR bookshelf speaker is small enough to tuck into a corner, place on a bookshelf or even mount directly to a wall, yet offers the sonic performance of much larger loudspeakers. The OMNI 150 features the same 5.5"" multi-layered fiberglass composite driver and 1" aluminum dome tweeter found in the OMNI 350 floorstanding model. The OMNI 150 was designed and voiced with the same precision and accuracy as all other models of this series and is perfectly timbre matched. As such, the OMNI 150 is an extremely versatile speaker that can be used as front speakers or as rear channels complementing the other models of this series. By using Mirage''s exclusive OMNIPOLAR technology, the OMNI 150 provides the perfect spherical dispersion enveloping you in any music or home theater presentation. Dim the lights, turn on your favorite movie or CD and experience sound with a clarity and accuracy.

Submitted by s4chuck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
I'm always suspicious of anything manufactured in China. So I would not have bought these if I had not paid so little ($175 for the pair new in the box sealed) or heard other Mirage speakers already. I'm using them as a dual center channel as I am running a projector over my fireplace and to keep the screen low enough to not fatigue the neck I placed them on either side of the fireplace so the projection can be right at mantle level. Anyway I am running these from the pre-out on the back of my Denon 3805 receiver to an Audioquest splitter then out to an Adcom GFA 5400 amp 125wpc then to the Omni 150's. I must say I'm very pleased with the vocal clarity and there ability fill the room with sound. My room is close 3000 cubic feet and and anywhere in it there is rich clear vocals/speech and everything you should hear from the center channel. I'm overall super impressed with the sound quality of these speakers. There are few if any speakers anywhere near this price range that can do what these do. Look great also grills on or off.

Product model year:   2007