Klipsch RB-25
Description: The RB-25 delivers vibrant sound through its 6.5-inch woofer and 1-inch titanium-dome tweeter that features a high-energy, video-shielded Neodymium magnet. The tweeter is coupled to an exclusive Klipsch square Tractrix® Horn. This advanced horn increases sensitivity while minimizing the room interactions that blur the sonic detail and imaging of conventional speakers. <p /> The woofer on the RB-25 is a refined version of Klipsch’s elegant, copper-colored Cerametallic™ material that is stronger than ever. This cone is made of an anodized aluminum that makes it tough but does not take away from its beauty. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surface to ceramic. The result is a rigid cone with outstanding damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer’s operating range. Driving this cone is a large, video-shielded magnet and high-temperature, long-excursion voice coil, for high efficiency and deep, powerful, articulate bass without breakup or distortion.

Submitted by adamf663 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
I just replaced my celestion SL6si of fifteen years with these Klipse RB25's and I'm very happy with them.

They take the clarity of the metal tone tweeters and extend the clarity down to the midrange and bass with the cerametallic coned woofers.

I saw many reviews that complained that the speakers sounded painfully bright but I don't find these speakers bright at all, just very clear and capable.

I have them with a boston acoustics VR 12 three say center speaker (with an aluminum done tweeter), celestion little one surrounds, a marantz AV9000 surround sound preamp, marantz MM9000 150Wx5 amplifier.

Strengths: clear effortless dynamic
Weaknesses: Will reveal recording defects

Submitted by Shakespear777 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
These are incredible bookshelf speakers. I have them set up in my HT in the back and on the sides. I can't believe what comes out of them. Since I have them set up in a small space they are just a few feet from my ear and the spectrum of sound that comes out is really magnificent. I've been lusting for Klipsch speakers for a long time and these exceded my expectations.

I got four of them used for $200.00 and they were one of the best investments I've ever made. Of course not everyone is going to get them for that price but I would pay the going price and still have no qualms. I expect now that they are out of production that they may be available for less...that's if someone will let go of them or you have a dealer that wants to move them.

I was concerned about the 75w rating since I have a Denon AVR4306 (130w). However, I wrote to Denon and was told not to worry. They are not going to take as much acting as surrounds and can handle all my needs in this regard.

Purchased At:   S&S

Submitted by Drivesthebeast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is an update from my previous review down below...

I have the speakers on taller stands now (22" instead of 18's), they are still wired with 10 Guage speaker wire (Monster Cable) to my 2006 Marantz SR7500 THX reciever, but there are some changes. I have them paired with a Klipsch RC15 center channel, and Klipsch RW10 self-powered sub. I was trying to build the RB25 system, but I'm having trouble finding the RS25 surrounds anywhere, as they are now a previous generation system.

Anyways, I have found that using a digital coaxial cable (Monster) from my DVD player to the receiver made a HUGE difference over running analogue. This is especially evident when watching movies with a DTS or DTS ES soundtrack. Though I have the receiver set up so that the crossover is 80Hz (perfect fliter range for between these and the sub), I have told it that I have no rear speakers, so some of the info is being sent to the front (the downmix is different).

Settings and connections aside, the speakers have now had more than enough time to break in, and I find that any harshness or shrillness they might have had when brand new, is now gone, and all I am hearing is pure clarity. These speakers seem to really love being matched to a Marantz power supply, and because of it being high current, and 105 watts RMS/ch, it drives them no problem. I can't even drive the speakers or amp into distortion, and I wouldn't want or need to anyways, as the attenuator goes down from -70 to 0, and then back up to +18...I only ever go down as low as -15, and things are STUPID loud then.

I was satisfied with the bass extension of these speakers when I had them in an 8x10 ft room, but now they are in a 12x24 ft room with hardwood floors, so they begin to fall short in terms of the bass in a bigger room. They do however, still have more clarity than I could ask for at the price paid, and when combined with my sub, they have to make little-2-no effort to play loud.

I think that there is a reason why not only the RB25, but the whole Refference Mk III series is the best selling klipsch line ever...

Purchased At:   East Hamilton radio

Submitted by Drivesthebeast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well, I only just bought these speakers the other day from EHR (one of my christmas presents to myself), and I bought them with the black finish. The speakers look both classy, and modern at the same time once you unbox them, and I really like the fact that magnets were used to hold the grilles on, and that the grilles have a web pattern to block potential projectiles...lol.

I know that they say they want a max input of 75watts RMS, but when I demoed a pair of these at the shop, they were being driven by a NAD integrated amp that was feeding them 150watts RMS, and they handled it effortlessly. I currently have them connected to the 2006 Marantz AV 7500 HT reciever that I just bought last week as well, using 10 guage monster cable speaker wires, and have them sitting on 18" tall quest LM300 stands. Though I would have preffered to have them sitting higher than that, the Tactrix horns make the speakers sound like they are at ear level anyways. I must say that I find pairing Klipsch speakers with Marantz kit very rewarding. With 105watts RMS of high current power feeding the speakers, I am getting tons of SPL if I want it out of these little cabinets, but the main thing is I am getting outstanding SQ out of them. I've tried nearly every cd in the house I could find on these speakers, and almost everything sounds great. The only things that don't, are poorly produced albums, or OVER-produced albums that have inflated volumes on certain sounds and songs. I gotta say though, that these speakers forte is Jazz. Diana Krall, Dave Grusin, Lee Ritnour, Doc Powell, Carol Welsman, Dave Koz...all sound outstanding. These speakers sound like they have a huge presence in the room. The soundstage is very big, and a lot of sounds are rather quite in-your-face, but in a smooth and subtle manner. Horns, strings, drums, female voices especially...all sound like the recording was done right in my room. I am liking these speakers the more I listen to them, and can't wait to hear what they sound like when they've had their proper break-in time. Funny thing is, these speakers sounded great with stuff like the Tragically hip, Dave Mathews, and Lenny Kravitz when I demo'd them at EHR, and there they had them sitting on a shelf with other speakers (Paradigm, Monitor Audio). They sound even better in my house, and on speaker stands, placed about 8" off the wall (port is in the front, so they don't sound overblown close to the wall). Yeah the Paradigms sounded nice too, but only in a sweet spot, whereas the RB25's sounded good everywhere in the room. Not only that, but these speakers go loud and proud, and distortion is non-exsistant.

Matched with good kit, good cables, and good music, these speakers do it all, albeit low end response (and they do in fact go quite deep for their cabinet and driver sizes). They do everything that Klipsch speakers should...Sheer dynamics if you want, lots of finese and detail at lower volumes that other speakers in this class can't match.

Are the RB25's for you? It's hard to tell. Coupled with a powered sub and the receiver or amp driving them set for smaller speakers, I'm sure they will shine even better than they do full range like I'm running mine at the moment. If you like speakers that sound very open, and don't mask anything (including imperfections in a recording), then these are the speakers for you.

I can't wait to get the other speakers from the refference 25 series to match these with now for a full 7.1 HT...

Purchased At:   East Hamilton Radio

Submitted by Scott a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Used as a two-speaker center channel for a custom built front-firing seven-channel acoustic matrix. I needed a speaker that wouldn't buzz when played loudly and one that had great high frequencies to aid in my massive bass response of the remaining six channels.

Purchased At:   Good Guys