KLH TW-09B Bookshelf Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $84.95

Twist and shout - that's what KLH's sweet little TW-09B can do. This two-way minispeaker comes with a pair of separate (yet attached) enclosures for the woofer and tweeter. The TW-09B's tweeter housing actually swivels back and forth, letting you aim the high frequencies more directly at the listening position or, in a rear channel application, bounce the sound off an adjacent wall for a more diffuse, surround effect. Sonically, the TW-09B is remarkably good for a speaker that's at once diminu

Submitted by Jerry Friedman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
Unbelievable sound quality, especially for the price. Best Buy had a special for 6 of these speakers plus a woofer for 79.00. I figured, if I did not like the quality, I would just take them back. They sound better then my Cerwin Vegas, I am highly impressed. No need to break the bank on those small BOSE speakers. These sound just as good for the fraction of the price. You can really turn up the volume on these too! You really need a seprated woofer with these speaker, since they have no real low end. Imaging is great. I got really lucky with the price, but they are still well worth it with out a special. I also listened to Polk, B&W, BOSE (rip off) and Infinity. These inexpensive babies can compete.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by jjpj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased these KLH's as a temporary and money-saving solution to my lack of surround speakers. My setup consists of a Sony Dolby Digital Receiver, two Mirage FRX-5 towers, a Mirage FRX-C center channel, and a Mirage LF-100 8" Subwoofer. As I'm a student, I was looking to save money, but get quality surround sound out of my system. These KLH speakers have proven to do just that. With a little tweaking on my receiver, I've been completely satisfied and impressed with the sound that they produce. I have them mounted just below the ceiling on the back wall behind my couch. The twistable tweeter design allows me to direct the sound to the center of the room. Movie viewing and even regular music listening is INCREDIBLE.

Purchased At:   Best Buy