Fluance SX-6 Bookshelf Speakers

4.86/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $119.00

The SX-6 is highly accurate and intensely musical with wide frequency response and low distortion. New digital audio formats demand a new level of performance, these speakers are ready for them! With superb sound radiation and rich timbre, it converts the audio signal into incredibly wonderful music. Even at high volume levels the acoustic image remains free from cabinet vibrations and driver resonances so you hear all the music and only the music. The bookshelf design allows for multiple placement options. In home theater surround sound systems the SV-6 speakers produce exceptional sound and are suitable for operation as front main or rear surround speakers. By virtue of the rear-firing tuned port bass reflex venting system the SV-6 has outstanding and precise bass performance for its compact design. Only premium components such as Neodymium tweeters, rare in speakers at this price, and powerfully dimensioned high-performance magnets are used in the production of this system. The result is a pure and perfect listening experience. Thanks to its distinct design and premium natural beech finish, it harmonizes perfectly with modern living areas.

Submitted by joshpowell428 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was a bit worried about purchasing these speakers from an online only dealer, despite their excellent warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee. However, rest assured any and all doubts I had have been quickly brushed aside.

The transaction was very smooth and quick and they came in perfect condition.
I purchased the SV-6's, bookshelf/main speakers and I am more impressed
with them everyday. Not only do they look beautiful, but they have excellent
build quality and design. They look very sleek and high-end and they sound
like speakers twice their price. The definition and layering in the sound
is excellent and they sound great from all angles. The bass is rich and
accurate, but not overpowering. They also have great mid-ranges (which most
cheaper speakers lack) and very clear high-ranges. Whether your playing
a game, cd source, mp3 or movie, these speakers handle everything exceptionally.

In fact these speakers sound so good that you will completely forget the
fact that the sound is coming from a wooden box at all. Very very impressive
and I highly recommend them. They are worth every penny and more, not to
mention the fact that they are backed by a five year parts and labor warranty.

I challenge anyone to find another speaker with the performance, quality
of sound, excellence of customer service and length of warranty for the price
that these fantastic speakers are offered at.

Joshua P., New Jersey

Purchased At:   Fluance Direct

Submitted by Joshua Powell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2007

Bottom Line:

The transaction was very smooth and quick and they came in perfect condition.
I purchased the SV-6's, bookshelf/main speakers and I am more impressed
cheaper speakers lack) and very clear high-ranges. Whether your playing

In fact these speakers sound so good that you will completely forget the
fact that the sound is coming from a wooden box at all. Very very impressive
and I highly recommend them. They are worth every penny and more, not to
mention the fact that they are backed by a five year parts and labor warranty.

I challenge anyone to find another speaker with the performance, quality
of sound, excellence of customer service and length of warranty for the price
that these fantastic speakers are offered at.

Joshua Powell from Columbia, New Jersey

Purchased At:   Fluance Direct

Submitted by hwpno3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought the SX-6 pair for my son to take to college and use in his frat house room.
I had looked at other bookshelf speakers in the "big box" stores (speakers like Polk, infinity, JBL, etc..) I just couldn't see spending that kind of money on something that might get beat up in the college frat house. I found these Fluance SX-6's on line and read a lot of good things about them. I decided for that price they are probably a good speaker for this purpose. They arrived promtly with no trouble. I was immediately surprized at the weight and the build quality. to be honest I was expecting less given the price paid. I tested them on my good NAD amp was quite impressed by the sound....very good, especially for the money.
My son is not audio knowlegable but he loves them... especially when played loud.
Unfortunately one got dammaged during a party but Fluance was great in helping getting it fixed (see "customer service" below. I gave a copy of a note I sent Fluance)

Purchased At:   Fluance direct

Submitted by mjhigs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
I ordered the SV-10 along with the AV-SC center channel and the SX-6 bookshelf surrounds. The SX-6's are, to me, very impressive. I have them hooked up to an Onkyo 504 receiver with 75 watts per channel. I got these as an upgrade from a Logitech digital computer speaker system with 3" surrounds and a 10 in sub. Those were great for a while but I finally realized that the sound was unbalanced, so when I upgraded I decided to go all out with some of Fluance's higher end products.

To start with, these speakers were larger than I had anticipated. When I opened the box I was thinking "wow." The construction is sturdy and the speakers look very nice with the black grills on. The 5-way binding posts are very handy and work great. I've given them the 15-20 hour break in period. The highs are not too harsh, and sound very good. This is where I can tell a big difference from the other speakers I've used. The mids are pretty much dead on, giving just enough low midrange to have a small thump and enough high mid to make guitar riffs sound really good. They have relatively no real bass because I have my receiver sending most all of the bass signal to my front speakers since they have the 8" woofers. Nevertheless, the SX-6's 5" midranges give the whole system a very balanced sound. Its nice having some surrounds that actually put out some good sound for watching movies. And boy will they get loud! They will not distort either, unless you have a poor quality source but then any speaker will distort. Also, combined with my front speakers they manage to make movie soundtracks sound like they are coming from 3 or so feet away from the front speakers to either side. That is a pretty cool effect to me and I assume it is due to having surorund speakers that are very well matched to the fronts.

I use the speakers about 70% music and 30% movies. The music is almost exclusively rock. I've also tested them with rap although that's not what my usual listening is. With movies the sound is very immersive. I'm am not dissapointed in any sense with these speakers.Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase. I might even buy another pair to make a 7.1 setup in the future.

Purchased At:   Fluance.com

Submitted by Dalockmanjr a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
can not believe the sv-6s only sell for $119 unbelievable they sound absolutely beautiful. got them took them out of the boxes and hooked them up and they sound amazing. cant wait untill they break in.

i want to also say fast shipping and great customer service.

Purchased At:   fluance