Epos Acoustics Epic 2 Bookshelf Speakers

• Amplifier Compatibility: 20 – 120 Watts
  • Internal wiring: 18 AWG stranded cable

Submitted by robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
Also purchased a pair of Epos Epic 2 from Music Direct at the fantastic price of 399. I am driving them with the 4 amps from my Paradigm Shift A2's. I am going to have to spend a lot more money to beat this wonderful system. I love these wonderful speakers! The Epos Epic 2's are the best all around speakers that I have ever heard! Period! Very pleased! I do listen to them for hours without any listener fatigue----AMAZING!

Submitted by larry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2014

Bottom Line:
Just purcahsed a set of Epic 2s from Music Direct and hooked them up to my PrimaLuna tube pre and amp. Initially I hated the sound and after a week I realized that these speakers are very revealing and exact. If the recording is good it will sound good if not-well its bad!

I have listened to many bookshelf speakers and they all sounded Boxy to me and could not decide what to get . I auditioned Focal, B and W, Polk, and Paradigm- Iwill say that for years I have been an electrostatic speaker fan( Quad, MAggies) and the Epic 2s were the first I heard that did not sound boxy!

I have been running them for a few weeks and they sound great-a very relaxing sound with no fatigue at all!

for the price at Music Direct of $399 it was a great deal and a great suprise!

They are just relaxing to listen to! and very very efficient!

Submitted by Steven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2014

Bottom Line:
Purchased these about three weeks ago from Music Direct, clearance @$399. Have been curious about Epos speakers for a while, and figured at this price it was worth a shot. Compared to the bookshelves I replaced (customs with ribbon tweeters) these are extremely more detailed. During the first week I was ready to send them back, as I was having a hard time getting used to their aggressive, almost harsh sound. Since then, either the speakers have broken in or I got used to their sound- or both. I now appreciate their detail and great dynamics- and good bass for bookshelves. I swapped the customs back- only briefly- and they now sound somewhat muddy in comparison. Given the price, build quality, sound and two separate baffles, I can't imagine a better value for the money. I like them so much I bought a used set of Epic 5s and am awaiting their arrival :-)

Submitted by Epos Epic 2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2013

Bottom Line:
My favorite speakers were my Epos M16. My least favorite speakers are the Epos Epic 2. I did not expect a $799 speaker to sound like a $1,499 speaker, but I did expect them to sound like a $799 speaker. Imaging and balance were nowhere near my M16 or my more comparable PSB B25. The new tweeter was not the smooth presentation quoted in reviews. These were bought as demos from a high-end dealer and they were like new. Slightly broken in, but definitely broken in. This is the second time the same reviewer raved about a product that I think does not live up to the hype.

Submitted by pete seaward a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
Really good speakers sound nice and open.
Good base well worth the money.

Auralex: