EFE Technology B-15
Description: Pair <li>The new B-15 offers the kind of sound everybody expects from EFE TECHNOLOGY. The quality of sound, the beauty and uniqueness of the glossy piano black cabinets and at a price that everyone can afford, all make the B-15 a fantastic buy. The new B-15 as well as all the other Series speakers from EFE TECHNOLOGY offer the quality and performance one can expect from much higher priced speakers! From the beginning, it has been the philosophy of EFE TECHNOLOGY to offer high quality sound at an affordable price, the new Series speakers and especially the B-15 just made that philosophy even better. Bring the orchestra into your living room with EFE TECHNOLOGY speakers!

Submitted by elguapo123 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
My dad and I had taken our test CD's to the Magnolia home theater and a much higher end store in Scottsdale , where we listened to Polk, Vienna Acoustic, Def Tec, Klipsch, Martin Logan,and JM Lab's Utopia and Electra's to name a few, before we were lucky enough to go to Ed Frias's house. When Ed first tuned on the B-15's I actually had to get up and put my hand over all the other speakers and the sub to make sure the sound was really coming from them. We were amazed with the clarity, sound stage, and bass those little bookshelf speakers put out! I would take them over all the $1500 towers we heard at the other places we'd been.

We brought them home but I was hesitant to set them up next to the Von Schweikert Vortex Screens, which are a 4 way loudspeaker that retailed for about $5-6,000 and my dad's pride and joy because I thought they would diminish our new found appreciation for the little bookshelf's. While the B-15 obviously couldn't handle the bass or mass of music the huge towers could we were both utterly dumb founded by how well the $690/pair book shelf compared. Female vocals were just as clear and enjoyable and midrange was just as tight. I couldn't recommend these speakers enough.

What I don't get is how does Ed make something so well for so inexpensive from his garage when the big name companies can't with all their equipment?

Purchased At:   EFE Technology

Submitted by Mully a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
Just when you think Ed Frias has done it all, he launches a new line of speakers
that are absolutely stunning.
The new B-15 from EFE is yet another
example of the kind of sound Ed is known for. The speakers are elegant looking and have the sound audiophiles yearn for.
The speakers are rear-ported with gold banana input terminals. The cabinets are
beautifully designed and are completely finished with a gorgeous piano black lacquer, so they can be displayed with
or without grills.
The yellow-colored woofer cones are a
real departure from previous drivers, but ED has proven again that the artwork is in the crossovers. These drivers
sound fabulous! The woven wool fiber is
only 6 1/2 inches, but produces a clean deep bass without a hint of boominess or
sloppiness.
The soft dome 1 inch tweeter kicks out
transparent highs wihtout an ounce of harshness or brightness. The detail of cymbals is exceptional.
The overall balance is just amazing. Every instrument sounds live, voices
have air and depth, and the soundstage
is just surreal for a speaker of this size. How does Ed do it?

Then there's the price. At $690/pair, I
don't think you can find another bookshelf speaker on the market that
offers the quality of workmanship and
sound as the B-15s. It may just be the
best buy in the country. I urge you
to check them out.