Boston Acoustics CS 26
Description: <ul> <li>Video-shielded</li> <li>Bass-reflex (ported) design</li> <li>Frequency response 52-25,000 Hz (±3dB)</li> <li>Handles up to 150 watts</li> <li>1" Kortec soft dome tweeter</li> </ul>

Submitted by Garth a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
I wasn't sure about these when I first received them. I've heard few bookshelf speakers I really like, so I wasn't holding my breath these would be any different..... but they were.

Far from the wall I was unimpressed. I ended up placing them up against the wall in my room, and they sound surprising good there. The cabinets are nicely finished in Cherry. So many in this range are too bright, but these are not ...... just natural and uncolored. The mid is the same.... uncolored. The bass is more than adequate. As with anything audio, the quality of the recording source and amp are paramount to a good sound. I use these with an Outlaw RR2150.

There are surely better speakers, better drivers etc., but at what cost? My days of buying high end speakers are over, As I found a sharp decline in the money-to-pleasure ratio ..... and akin to a dog chasing it's own tail ..... there's no end.

These are more than adequate for my needs, so much so I'm getting another pair.