Acoustic Research 215PS
Description: Acoustic Research 215PS 2- Way Bookshelf Speaker System (Pair in Black)

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
I recieved these speakers from a friend and use them as rear surround speakers. I cant believe how great these sound as surrounds. I looked at the reviews about these speakers and they dont look so great, but use them as surrounds and you will be blown away. I saved about $500.00 by trying them this way. Was going to purchase a set of paradigm surround but no need to. So if you want to save the cash try them out as surrounds you will be amazed.

Submitted by aargonaut a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought these as a replacement for some Mission bookshelf speakers I gave to a friend in exchange for a loan he gave me to buy some rare speakers Dick Shahinian designed for Harman Kardon about 35 years ago. I have them hooked up to an old Harman Kardon receiver which I have attached to a computer. In my opinion, they sound awful. They are bright, brittle, have NO bottom end (which is understandable given the size of the drivers) and not musical in the least. I suspect I'll be happier replacing them with a $79 pair of computer speakers. The only reason I have not is because I don't have any place for the HK receiver.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by drbrousters a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace a set of Boston Acoustics HD5's. I was going to put them into an audio system. When I first hooked them up, they sounded terrible. I let them run for several hours and they had improved a great deal. They are a bit "punched up" and I generally like a speaker that is "warm". After a few days, I decided to take a pair of Klipsch KG1's out of my home theater setup and replace them with these. They sound fine in there and take up less space (making my wife happy). I would say that they have things they do better and not as well when compared to the Boston Acoustics. The bass extension is much better on the AR's. They look better and feel quite solid. The BA's are a bit smoother.

Purchased At:   jandr world

Submitted by Andy P a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers and returned them within 4 hours.
I went to vision's looking for a small pair of speakers to replace my fronts, and these could not do the job. They sounded like they were missing some sounds. I was disappointed, and would not recommend these speakers.

Purchased At:   Visions

Submitted by flyvin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Good speaker for the price.