Tributaries Silver OFHCC Speaker Wire
Description: · Each 14 AWG (American Wire Gauge) conductor is a combination of multi-stranded 50% OFHC copper and 50% OFHC silver plated copper<br> · Each conductor consists of 413 strands of copper and silver plated wires in a gentle spiral configuration to give a candy cane appearance. <br> · Silver plating reduces the overall resistance of each conductor, increasing the current-carrying capacity of the wire

Submitted by Alex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
I Have just added this speaker cable to my system which includes B&W 603's, a linn mimik cd and a rotel ra971 amp.
with the addtion of this new cable my system sounds as good as my dads totaly linn system with cost twice as much as my system.

Submitted by Jeff a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently received the last piece to my "apartment system" some Martin Logan Scripts. I got them in the middle of the week so I was only able to use cheap Magnavox speaker cable bought at Wal Mart. The sound quality of the speakers is probably what made it sound so good. I already knew that I wanted the SP4 since it is a good budget choice for me, a college student.
For the wire I picked up the Tributaries Banana plug and the soft Banana plugs to aid in the hook up. I powered the system up and was amazed at the sound of the speakers. The power was able to get to the speakers more efficiently, the sound was clearer and at higher levels than what I had when I used the cheaper wire

I thoroughly recommend people to check out these wires, for the money it was the best that I have spent in a while.

Submitted by RAM a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I am currently using this cable for biamping. I use it only for the top end and home made for the low end. They sound very nice. They are also very neutral so they should match most systems. They are good for the price. They also look nice. If you have a big budget for cables I would recommend paying about $7-$10 a foot. I still have some component upgrading to do and interconnect don't come before components in my budget. At $4 a foot this was just right for me.

Submitted by Veda a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 1998

Bottom Line:
Having been a long time fan of Tributaries video cables, I decided to give one of their speaker cables a try. The SP 4 is their top of the line model. It employs 14 gauge copper/silver hybrid combination in a traditional transparent jacket. I compared it to the slightly higher priced LAT Int. SS-1000D and Transparent The Wave. The SP4 is transparent and very dynamic but it's also cold sounding. I found it to be very similar to the LAT minus the smooth midrange. When comparing to the Transparent, they seem to excel in totally different areas. The Wave sounds full bodied but it lacks speed. The SP4 seems thinner but transparent and jagged. I found the Tributaries to be the best for HT setup. It is quite flexible so it can be twisted around for front or surround use. Recently I saw a review of it in the HomeTheater mag. Given the characteristics of this cable, I understand why they preferred it over the other contenders. It's a great cable for the price and for HT applications; but I prefer smooth cables in my music system.