Tributaries C2S Convertor
Description: Composite video to S-video convertor

Submitted by Dan Hoffmann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this for the same reasons as everyone else - switch a/v through my preamp without having to switch inputs at the TV. I bought the C2S over the similar Monster Cable device because of cost. The C2S is very simple to use of course. I use it to convert the composite output of my Sony VCR to S-Video. The converted signal is degraded compared with a direct composite feed. The picture is darker and softer. The adjustments on the C2S do not help. The adjustments were set full clockwise on mine and any other setting makes the picture worse. I'm looking for active (not passive) alternatives. Considering what this device is made of (a cable, a plug, a miniature circuit board with passive components) it is ridiculously priced. The Monster unit at $129 is even more so.

Purchased At:   www.cableco.com

Submitted by Jeff Taylor a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
I agree that this is a great product! I have noticed a tiny bit of picture degradation compared to the 75ohm coax connection (VCR to TV). Since my JVC TV automatically overrides the composite video if a cable is connected to the SVideo input (even if there is no signal) this cable was a life saver! Sure beats buying a new TV!

Submitted by JKnotz a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had recently purchased a PIONEER ELITE A/V Receiver. . I have both S-video and composite video inputs on the TV connected to the PIONEER. This is because the S-video bus is seperate from the composite video bus. Sat and DVD have S-video outputs but the VCR only has composite. This cable allows me to connect the composite output of the VCR to the S-video input on the PIONEER. This saves me from having to manually switch the TV inputs from S-video to composite and back depending on what I'm watching at the time. The cable also has brightness and color sat adjustments for the best picture possible. GREAT, GREAT PRODUCT.....AND MY WIFE CAN RUN THE REMOTE NOW !!!

Submitted by gib a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I just picked this up today. Almost every store I've been to had sold out of them. I have a sony 41" tv, and the convertor hooked up from the vcr to the tv. There was a huge difference as far as clarity is concerned for regular vcr movies. I also like the fact that I can make adjustments to the luminance. highly recommended, espescially if you want to watch vcr movies on a projection tv.

Submitted by Judson West a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had recently purchased a SONY STR-DA50ES A/V Receiver. I wanted to use it as the focal point in my a/v setup by having every a/v component connected to it and using it to control my TV. I have both S-video and composite video inputs on the TV connected to the 50ES. This is because the S-video bus is seperate from the composite video bus. Sat and LD have S-video outputs but the VCR only has composite. This cable allows me to connect the composite output of the VCR to the S-video input on the 50ES. This saves me from having to manually switch the TV inputs from S-video to composite and back depending on what I'm watching at the time. The cable also has brightness and color sat adjustments for the best picture possible.