Transparent Audio Music Wave Super
Description: Speaker cable

Submitted by PGSoft_Fr a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
J'ai essayé, pendant plusieurs années, beaucoup de câbles de grande marque (MIT, Van Del Hul, Siltek, Audioquest ...) pour faire ressortir la quintessence mes Magnepan MG-IIIa. Un jour, j'ai essayé une paire de Transparent Audio "MusicWave Plus". Tout est devenu splendide ! Depuis je l'ai remplacée pour une paire de Transparent Audio "MusicWave Super" et je suis devenu un audiophile heureux (OUI ça existe des basses douces et profondes sur des Magnepan même sans subwoofer). Donc n'hésitez pas malgré le prix en occasion, c'est moins cher que de racheter un pré-amplificateur à tubes, de changer ses enceintes ou d'acheter un subwoofer de qualité !
Mon système principal :
CD Sphinx "Myth 9", pré-ampli Audio Research "LS8-MKII", ampli Mark Levinson "ML9", enceintes Magnepan "MG-IIIA", 2 casques STAX "Lambda Pro/Pro Classic", câbles Transparent Audio "MusicLink Ultra" et "MusicLink Super XL"(modulation), "MusicWave Super" (HP) et PowerLink Super/Plus (alimentation).

Purchased At:   Used on eBay

Submitted by Boris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
At first when I replaced my AudioQust with MIT's I've noticed a huge improvement but then I've replaced MIT with Nordost and it seemd like Nordost had more detail but as still something was missing and as soon as I've tried Transparent that solved my problems. They are sounded so naturaled and much more detailed than any other cables I've listened to, the sound is very transparent and they look great too.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Chris a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are awesome!! If the retail price is high, try picking some up second hand. Very involving and will bring out details that you've never heard before. Plus will help the bass response of your speakers. I have these running to all 3 of my front speakers in my home theater system and they work just as well for theater as they do for music. If you can find a way, get them!

Purchased At:   Overture Audio

Submitted by Sam Chang a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
The look of the wire is very impressive and the sound is just as good as how it looks.

My system:
SONY ES 9000 digital pre-amp
Bryston 9 BST THX 5 channel Amp
Toshiba 3109 DVD player
Altec Lansing 501 speakers ( 12 yrs old )

The first impression of the speaker cable was "WOW!"
I never thought the music could sound so good compared
to my original monster cable.
I tried different type of music on my system with this
set of speaker wire and I think it's the best investiment
I ever spend to improve my system.
The eric clapton guitar sounds so lively.
Madonna's voice also sound great on the system.
Kenny G's saxaphone also sound very sweet with this wire.
I also dig up some old Jazz CD and the drum sounds like it's in my living room. I also tried the new age collection and it also sound very impressive.
The only thing that doesn't sound impressive is the symphony and the piano instruments. These require a much
better speaker and better pre-amp. That's what I was looking forward to upgrade. Definitely a 5-star for its class.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've never been so audio-fanatical to even TRY listening for differences in audio cables. I figured it was all hoo-ha. Until I heard an A/B demo of Cable Talk bi-wire cable and the MusicWave (A$649 for 3.5mtr pair). The difference was astounding. Much better definition of imaging, bass, treble - everything. Sound stage was well defined (excellent demo for this is The Corrs Unplugged).

The system was a Rega Planet CD player driving a Rega Mira amp, driving Castle Severn 2 speakers.

But for my money, I would buy the MusicLink interconnects and stick with my $6/metre Neotech monster-cable-clone. The difference with the interconnect upgrade (b-2-b with Tara Labs) was much more interesting!