TMC Yellow Label Interconnects
Description: <li>A single solid copper tubing is used as the shielding (for ground connection) <li>A single copper-clad solid center conductor is used for signal connection <li>Quality low density, closed-cell air-foam dielectric is used <li>The dielectric is bonded to the outer and the center conductor to eliminate all relative movement. <li>Recommended Retail Price: $300/meter pair

Submitted by tebbs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I dont know why the reviews for these cables on this site have been few and far between recently as they remain an outstanding 'price no object' option. They are neutral (very revealing of source variations) and extremely quiet (ie no hiss) . Accordingly they are capable of making a hi fi sound more like an ensemble...they let the detail through with an outstanding 3d quality and spaciousness crucial to more closely replicating live music. I have recently switched my entire cabling system to TMC from a much more expensive audioquest/acoustic zen combination and as per earlier audio industry reviewers of TMC I have settled on this as it provides the most satisfying presentation I have ever experienced from my sytem . Audiophoolery is of course a subjective pursuit but the parameters that generally matter to the music lover and the audiophile are nailed by a tmc system. Youre welcome to check out my review on the Gold speaker cabling and the new tmc blue 75ohm dedicated digital cable in the Gold review section. I am not affiliated with TMC....I dont write reviews that are not part of my professional life because of time pressure.... this is written because a small company is providing an outstanding product at an excellent price which is devoid of the usual advertising mark up.

Purchased At:   audiogon tmc auction

Submitted by David Tebbutt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
Introduced to these originally through Supratek and Im not sure why there are not many more recent reviews of these cables here as they remain an outstanding cost no object option ...neutral quiet and soundstaging masters. If you like your music in 3d then a cabling system built on the yellow ics is a must try...built on the same technology of a much much more expensive line of cabling they make the kind of differences that must audiofools I know of desire. Guaranteed to make visitors stop in their tracks and comment on your "stereo". More details follows in my Gold reference speaker cabling review re the benefits of an entire TMC system but I would not classify these as a cheap option (in aussie dollars they are not exactly for the faint hearted) but the benefit of many misspent hours/years around the audiofool circuit (and many more at home expensive comparisons) have not seen them bettered.

Purchased At:   Audiogon/ TMC auctio

Submitted by heino a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
have plugged thease babey to my my system.. well what can I say I love em :) havenn't tryed many others, but I did try AQ king cobra they just didden't to the trick for me.. with tmw yellow my system is sounding ballanced and beautiful

my setup:

speaker: b&w 801 s23
pre amp: lcaudio sidewinder 2
amp: luxman m6000
cdplayer: sony x707es

Submitted by magisterludi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
Please see my review for the TMC Gold speaker cable as the same attributes apply for these. The yellow is the slightly warmer and relaxed version of the TMC white IC.
Used together in a system (Gold, yellow, white) the TMC cables provide a very natural open sound with enough detail & inner resolution to satisfy the audiophile in me. These are truely a music lovers cable. I highly recommend the TMC cables, an absolute audio bargain. But the yellow is probably not the cable for someone who wants an extremely detailed sound.
Used with my new budget setup:

Van Alstine 550exr amp
Sony SCD333es cdp
Von Schweikert VR4JR speakers

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by glendean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Within five seconds of listening to my Wendy Rule CD with these connectors, Ive gone wow. The clarity and detail was just amazing. After reading many newsgroups from people saying that interconnects make no difference to sound quality I purchased these cables mostly for piece of mind, but was totally knocked over by the sound difference as I am now hearing details in music tracks that I havn't noticed before. The shielding does make the cables stiff but they can be easily shaped before fitting and caused no problems, they have instructions on their web site if anybody concerned with this.

Purchased At:   http://the-music-cab