Tara Labs RSC AIR2

Submitted by Bill a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of Tara Lab Air2 cables, after I installed from preamp to poweramp, it came out very loud noise, blown out my Dynaudio 3.3's tweeters, then I tried my old cables, worked fine, I took it to the dealer I bought(San Fracisco Stereo), the salesman tried it again, came out very loud noise too, he thought the shielding of the cables may damaged, this was the 2th pair Air cables got problem, first pair had no signal, this tim they agreed to change a new pair, but they refused to reimburse my tweeters, has anyone have this kind of problems?

Bill

Purchased At:   San Francisco Stereo

Submitted by Jeff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
This cable has done wonders in my system. I have added only a single pair of Air 2's between my Cal CL-15 cd player and preamp and the sound improvement has been staggering. I finally truly enjoy my system - even old, standard cd's have new life. I'm convinced that much of this performance is due to the RSC copper conductors. They do a wonderful job in accurately reproducing music that sounds like real instruments in space. I can now follow the notes and the space between the notes on complex rock recordings! I also hear things I've never heard before which is a credit to Tara Labs spectacular Air tube technology resulting in a low noise floor letting the music shine through. This is also the first cable that shed several veils that have been getting into the way of the music with every single other cable I have heard. If you are thinking of upgrading your equipment, you owe it to yourself to hear the Tara Labs Air 2 interconnect - if you do, chances are you'll discover, as I did, that all I needed was a better interconnect. I now listen to my system many more hours per day and have feel as though I have just upgraded my electronics at least 3x in cost. I would easily consider that the purchase of these cables has been the single best audio investment I have made in my system. Thank you Tara Labs!

Purchased At:   University Audio

Submitted by P.M. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
My first impression when I got home was that the cables where so stiff compared to my Kimbers that the whole system had to be moved away from the back-wall.
After doing so, and after listening for a few seconds, I remebered why I had bought them.
I discovered new instruments, and I heared fingers run over guitar-strings as if it was a much more expensive system.
Except from this I have to mention the 3D of these cables. My speakers managed to give me the feeling of sound coming from everywhere but not from where they where standing.
These speaker-cables will make your system sound a lot better - a lot even concidering the price.

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
Ditto the previous reviewer's comments and let me add that I am now hearing things I haven't heard before, plus the overall sound is more musical, even on hard to-listen-to -recordings (because of the mastering, not the performance!)like Sex Pistols and Buzzcocks. I purchased both an air 2 interconnect with XLRs for use between a merdian 508 CDP and a Bryston BP25MC preamp and that alone opened up the soundstage, becoming more three dimensional and easy to listen to. So much more detail and bass extension are now enjoyed. I have always been very sceptical about cabling but it is absolutely true that it does make a huge difference. The second addition was to use air 2s as speaker cables between Bryston 7BST monoblocks and Thiel CS7 speakers. Also made a huge difference. For about $1000 total for these two interconnects (I was able to trade my Prism 500 speaker cables for full retail purchase price toward the interconnects and speaker cables)the upgrade in sound to the system is substantial. I run my entire system balanced and when I have additional funds, I will also upgrade the pre to amp interconnects with Air 2s. I need about 14 ft so this will cost about $1200 a pair. But it will be worth it! This cable really brought to life an already high end system that clearly benefited from decent cabling.

Submitted by Ryan T. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
This review is a comparison against my current pair (Tara Labs Reference Generation 2, $360/m Cdn). When I was on my way home, I wasn't expecting miracles to happen, since I was quite happy with my Ref Gen 2. But this cable is a big jump up! The smallest change that I found was the soundstage. But that really didn't matter, because it was what the AIR2 did in between the sonic boundaries that grabbed all of my attention. The sound was noticeably cleaner, less "cloud" between my ears and the vocalist. The bass, which was already generous with my Ref Gen 2, became easier to follow. Most importantly, the whole song became more involving. Modern pop/rock/alternative can be just a mess of guitars, drums, vocals, back-up vocals, bass, and synthesizers, but this is the first time my system actually made some sense out of all that. Build quality is equally good, especially with the locking RCA connectors. This will be the first interconnect on my shopping list when I am putting my next system together! Highly, highly recommended.